15th August 2023 News Headlines
A summary of today's important and breaking news regarding PTI and the country that the mainstream media of Pakistan will never show you.
- Despite the orders of the Islamabad High Court, former Prime Minister Imran Khan has not been provided with basic facilities, nor has permission been granted for lawyers to visit him. Bushra Bibi, after meeting Imran Khan, revealed that the national leader is being kept in extremely cramped quarters where there is an open toilet and a bucket for shower. Despite the court's order, Imran Khan has not yet been provided with a translation of the Holy Quran, nor is any policeman allowed to stand near his cell. This is a grave violation of human rights."
- Despite the news of Imran Khan's imprisonment, the courts are rejecting his bail by citing non-compliance in various bogus cases. Today, Imran Khan's lawyers appeared in courts as he himself used to, yet biased treatment continues.
- Even non-political figures like Bushra Begum are being summoned to courts merely for harassment. Today, she appeared in the Islamabad District Court along with Imran Khan's lawyers to record her statement. Afterward, she went to Attock jail to meet Imran Khan.
- After the events of May 9th, on May 21st, a 14-year-old boy, a minor, was taken into custody illegally for 3 months. On the day of his release, he was taken away again by the police in the night, despite the pleadings of his three sisters and father, he was abducted. After enduring all these sufferings, especially what the daughters had to go through, upon seeing them, the father suffered a heart attack, and he passed away. The police are now trying to suppress the case, while the son is in jail and couldn't even attend his father's funeral.
- Another worker affiliated with the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) in Taunsa Sharif was targeted by the police. When the father could not be found at home, the police abducted his ten-year-old son and placed him in custody. The injustices against Tehreek-e-Insaf are reminiscent of the dark history of Nazi Germany.
- The PCB media team has left PDM behind in showing their loyalty to the powerful, as they did not include the image of the 1992 World Cup champion and one of the world's most charismatic all-rounders, Imran Khan, in their video. Following this, PCB is facing harsh criticism from various newspapers around the world.
- Pervez Elahi, who was already in custody, was arrested again and his physical remand has been extended until August 21. Pervez Elahi's son, Moonis Elahi, tweeted, "Pervez Elahi is being punished for his loyalty to Imran Khan.”
- The Election Commission has imposed restrictions on media coverage of the elections. While around the world, media is allowed extensive coverage for transparent elections, in Pakistan, due to Imran Khan's fear, elections are not being held at all. And if they are held, preparations for rigging are underway.
- Justice Babar Sattar has granted a hearing on the request against the arrest of PTI leader Shehriyar Afridi. The court has issued show-cause notices to the Islamabad Deputy Commissioner and the SSP Operations. The Islamabad Deputy Commissioner has been asked to provide the record of the last 3 months of MPO until tomorrow.
- A few months ago, when questioned about holding elections within 90 days in Punjab and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Raza Rabbani did not respond to the journalist and instead displayed disrespectful behavior. His silence over the constitutional violations and human rights abuses during a year and a half of PDM rule now remembers the need to hold elections within 90 days. A letter has been written to the Election Commission urging them to conduct elections within 90 days.
- Preparations to impose another electricity bomb on electricity consumers: A request for an additional surcharge of Rs. 1.52 per unit for electricity consumers has been submitted. Under the leadership of Chairman NEPRA, Waseem Mukhtar, the federal government's request was subjected to public hearing. While deciding on the additional charge, it was stated that a decision would be made after the review of expenses. If approved, this decision would burden electricity consumers with more than 24 billion and 50 crore rupees."
- Preparations to impose another electricity bomb on electricity consumers: A request for an additional charge of Rs. 1.52 per unit for electricity consumers has been submitted. Under the leadership of Chairman NEPRA, Waseem Mukhtar, the federal government's request was subjected to public hearing. While deciding on the additional charge, it was stated that a decision would be made after the review of electricity rates. If approved, this decision would burden electricity consumers with more than 24 billion and 50 crore rupees.
- Following the rise of the dollar by Rs. 3.26 in the interbank market, it is now trading at Rs. 291.75. Meanwhile, in the open market, the dollar has risen by Rs. 2.50, pushing its rate to Rs. 300.
- After the outlaw Finance Minister Ishaq Dar, now another outlaw has emerged, who couldn't be presented in courts, but has managed to reach the corridors of power for enjoyment. The nominated Caretaker Chief Minister of Balochistan is accused of illegally occupying 3,000 acres of land, a claim that has been published in newspaper advertisements. Despite these allegations, such an individual is being appointed as the Chief Minister of the entire province
- LPG has been made more expensive by 10 rupees. After the increase, the price of domestic cylinder has gone up by 120 rupees and the price of commercial cylinder has increased by 450 rupees. Chairman LPG Irfan Khokhar informed that within just two days, the price per kilogram has risen by 20 rupees. Given the rising prices, there is a concern of further increase in the prices of LPG.
- Former Prime Minister Imran Khan, the leader of the nation, had instructed to celebrate Independence Day with full zeal from the jail, and as a result, not only every city of the country but also every country where Pakistanis reside celebrated Independence Day in a grand manner. Pakistanis everywhere continued to chant slogans in favor of Imran Khan and the flags of the nation and the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf waved on the streets.The resilient citizens, especially those in Attock, celebrated Independence Day with special enthusiasm, raising sky-high slogans in support of Prime Minister Imran Khan, ensuring that their voices reached Imran Khan within the confines of the jail.