Chairman Imran Khan’s Pre-Recorded Message on 14th August Independence Day
PTI released a pre-recorded message of the Former Prime Minister of Pakistan, Imran Khan who has been unlawfully detained in worse conditions for the past 9 days now. Addressing his nation, he spoke about the importance of independnce and how this country was created after countless sacrifices of our ancesters. He said:
- Pakistan was the dream of Allama Iqbal [a great philosopher & poet of East] and Quaid-e-Azam [founder of Pakistan].
- They struggled for freedom of Muslims of the Indian subcontinent. The dream was of a State similar to one established by Prophet (May peace and blessings be upon him) upon the laws of Madinah, where the freedom given to the people empowered them to be a leader in the world.
- The aspiration of Pakistan was set upon the same principles.
- A (free state of) Pakistan, where the priority is justice for all and no influential is above the rule of law.
- The law implemented in a way to protect the weak from the powerful, providing justice and liberty.
- The free societies with rule of law are the ones that prosper. None of us will have to leave the country for better future when there is rule of law (in our country).
- We all have to strive for merit along with justice. As this is how countries prosper.
- I appeal to all of you, that from now onwards, we will fully strive for (the prosperity of) this country.
- No matter where you go in the world, there’s no place like your own (home) country. Therefore, we need to make our own country better.
- This country will prosper when we all strive for its freedom together. Its future will be stronger when all citizens are given lawful equal rights.