NBC (Narrative Building Centre) – 05 Dec Daily Report
1. Pakistan will get Rs 38 Billion from UK as a result of settlement by National Crime Agency UK.
2. Sehat Insaf Cards distributed among special persons in Lahore; launch of Sehat Insaf Cards for 30,000 thalassemia patients announced and 70,000 families of special person.
3. KP forest department to designate natural forests in FATA be owned by the respective communities
4. Moody’s Changes Outlook for 5 Banks of Pakistan from Negative to Stable.
5. Pakistan sees unprecedented inflows of foreign money this year as Global investor bring 1-year bonds worth $642 million in November alone.
6. The President of Korea's largest Buddhist sect the Jogye Order, Ven moved by Prime Minister's vision to boost religious tourism, terms Pakistan spiritually stimulating country.
7. FBR releases Rs 5.5 Billion worth of Refunds under fully automated, impersonal, harassment & corruption free system.
8. Pakistan makes a huge improvement in it's overall Forbes ranking, jumps to the 14th position from 32nd in the sector of social Entrepreneurship and Youth development.
9. The Embassy of United States Of America relaxes restrictions for Pakistani Citizens seeking U. S. Visa.
10. Notorious criminal, Uncle of PPP Senator Mustafa Khokhar, Taji Khokhar arrested from Rawalpindi along with other accomplices
NBC (Narrative Building Centre) - Chief Minister Usman Buzdar’s Performance.
• Punjab Govt expenses reduced by Rs550 million
• Over Nine lakh Kanal official land recovered from illegal possessions.
• Unlike his predecessors, Usman Buzdar did not set up any camp office and reduced the expenses by 60 per cent
• 35% of budget allocated for South Punjab; several shelter homes for the poor built
• Policies pertaining to district industry and special education approved
• Construction of nine universities and nine hospitals has been started
• Six out of nine hospitals in the province are being constructed in South Punjab
• Punjab has collected 104% tax revenue which increased the province’s income up to Rs75 billion
• Policies for tourism, agriculture, labours, industries, water and forests approved in first year
• 36 bills were approved by the Punjab government for the first time in the history of the province.
NBC (Narrative Building Centre) - NAB freezes Shahbaz Sharif’s 23 properties-Why?
(Source - PowerPlay ARY based on NAB & other reports)
• Ex CM Punjab SS is currently residing in London along with his son Salman Shahbaz. His other son Hamza Shahbaz is in NAB custody.
• Ch Sugar Mills Case – NAB claims fake companies empire used for money laundering-run by PML-N Shahbaz Sharif.
• During investigation NAB has caught 6 companies for the purpose of money laundering of SS– fake transactions were shown to transfer money to his family.
• One of the companies Good Nature trading has done 6-7 billion Rs transactions.
• NAB claims 5 people are arrested who have direct linkage with SS Money Laundering Scam.
• There were 5 important characters in story like Nisar Ahmad Gill deputy political secretary and Ali Ahmad Khan (media-coordinator). The office cash boys were Shoaib Qamar and Mansoor Anwar. Tahir Naqvi was the last important character.
• They were holding benami companies of Hamza’s family for the purpose of committing money laundering.
• According to Shoaib all the money was counted and put in the house in sacks at the camp house (SS residence). From there the money was transferred to Sharif Group head office 55-k in model town.
• The cash boys of Qasim used to collect and transfer it. Elite Police personallel transferred money safely.
• Fazal Dad collected the money at 55-k house and kept it safely in Sharif House.
• The money was often transferred in SS personal land cruiser (if money is excessive and Honda civic of Tahir Naqvi if it was less.
• These amounts were put in different bank accounts. From duty order they were sent abroad and through TTs they were coming back to Pakistan and were given legal cover.
• According to NAB- SS used this money to meet various expenses and buy property of his wives and son as admitted by their servant which has been confiscated by NAB.
• Hamza Shahbaz and wives of SS also used this money to make properties.
• The whole network performed many transactions which come under the domain of money laundering.
NBC (Narrative Building Centre) - Special Economic Zones under CPEC.
1. CPEC to create 575,000 direct & 1 Million Indirect Jobs in four SEZs to be set up in all 4 Provinces.
2. In the First Phase of CPEC, some Chinese companies faced problems in finding skilled workers therefore National Vocational and Technical Training Commission (NAVTTC) to conduct short-term courses to train the aspirants in the respective fields.
3. KP's Rashakai SEZ to directly employ 150,000 people in light engineering, marble, plastic and packing, gem and jewelry, food processing and steel industries.
4. Balochistan's Bostan SEZ to produce 55,000 jobs for locals in industries including food processing, cooking oil, ceramics, gems and jewelry, marble, minerals, agriculture machinery, iron and steel, motorbike assembling, electrical appliances and automobile.
5. Sindh's Dhabeji SEZ to create 80,000 jobs with potential industries including food and beverages, pharmaceutical, electronics, automobile and plastic related products.
6. Punjab's Allama Iqbal SEZ to create 290,000 direct jobs in textile, light engineering, pharmaceutical, steel, food processing and chemicals industries.
NBC (Narrative Building Center) -
Pakistan Electric Vehicle Policy
1. Goal for cars: 30% of new sales by 2030 and 90% of new sales by 2040
2. Goal for 2 and 3 wheelers: 50% of new sales by 2030 and 90% of new sales by 2040
3. Goal for buses: 50% of new sales by 2030 and 90% of new sales by 2040
4. Goal for trucks: 30% of new sales by 2030 and 90% of new sales by 2040
1. 1% GST for EVs vs 17% for regular vehicles
2. Lower electricity tariffs for EVs
1. Only 1% import duty on charging equipment.
2. Lower power tariffs for charging stations.
3. One fast DC charging station per 3km by 3km area in all major cities
4. DC fast chargers on all motorways every 15-30 km.
5. Ensure uninterrupt…
Salman Raza: NBC (Narrative Building Centre) - 2 Dec 2019 Daily Report.
1. NADRA offers doorstep service to Indisposed & senior citizens.
2. Pakistan’s exports have once again crossed USD 2 Billion in November.
3. Second phase of China-Pakistan Free Trade Agreement has come into effect w.e.f 1 Dec 2019 to allow 313 products on zero duty to Chinese market.
4. Fresh Talks with Qatar likely to cut LNG import.
5. Moody's changes Pakistan's outlook to stable from negative.
6. World Bank, with the support of Punjab govt., has identified 23 sites across the province to boost tourism in the province.
NBC (Narrative Building Centre) - Anti Air Pollution Measures:
1. Only Oil that meets EU's Euro-4 emission standard will now be imported.
2. By the end of 2020, a shift will be made to oil that meets the Euro-5 emission standard.
3. Oil refineries will be given a three-year warning period to improve the quality of oil produced. If they fail, they will be shut down.
4. The auto industry will be asked to shift towards electric vehicles. All buses will either be hybrid, electric or CNG-based.
5. Imported machinery will assist farmers to make use of the post-harvest rice crop, rather than burn it.
6. Brick kilns will be given financial aid to use zigzag technology which is environmentally friendly.
7. Import duties on scrubbers will be removed so air pollution from steel factories can be curbed.
8. An urban forestry initiative in Lahore will see tree plantation over 60,000 kanals of land.
NBC (Narrative Building Center) - Breaking News. Pakistan Fiscal Deficit
Pakistan’s Fiscal Deficit Lowest in 13 years for first quarter!
Last 13 year's Fiscal Deficit of Pakistan in First Quarter (July-Sep).
As % of GDP
2007-08 = 1.6%
2008-09 = 1%
2009-10 = 1.5%
2010-11 = 1.6%
2011-12 = 1.2%
2012-13 = 1.2%
2013-14 = 1.1%
2014-15 = 1.2%
2015-16 = 1.1%
2016-17 = 1.4%
2017-18 = 1.2%
2018-19 = 1.4%
2019-20 = 0.7%
NBC (Narrative Building Centre) - 29 Nov 2019 Daily Report
1. United States plans to send 15 trade delegations to Pakistan next year to explore possibilities for expanding trade.
2. Repatriation of profits and dividends by foreign investors increased 10.28 percent to $548.1 million in the first four months (July-October).
3. 60-bed upgraded Mother and Child Care Centre in capital inaugurated.
4. The Dispute Resolution Councils in Peshawar received a total of 7,089 cases of which 5,273 were successfully settled during the last 10 months.
5. NUST climbed four spots in the QS Asia University Rankings 2020.
6. China Mobile (CMPak) has deposited $120 Million against license renewal fee to PTA.
7. National Disaster Risk Management Fund (NDRMF) has signed two grant implementation agreements up to Rs.
1.6 Billion for Government of Gilgit Baltistan.
8. In an effort to facilitate revival of distressed companies, SECP has introduced “Corporate Rehabilitation Regulations”.
9. Govt reviews plan to revive Tuwairqi Steel to make state of the art steel mill operational which is non operational since 2013.
10. Asad Umar pursues first CPEC Economic Zone groundbreaking before 31 Dec 2019.
11. Foreign Reserves rose to 15.58 Billion $.
12. CM KPK has launched “Mera Bacha Alert”, a mobile APP to help find missing children.
13. KP plans Rs 2 Billion “Interest Free loan” programme
NBC (Narrative Building Centre) - 28 Nov Daily Report
1. Financial Inclusion Strategy initiative launched by PM under his flagship poverty alleviation programme Ehsaas. Key financial inclusion initiatives include Ehsaas-Kifalat, ‘One Woman One Bank Account Policy’, bank accounts for informal workers, Mazdoor ka Ehsaas, access to credit and microcredit for the daily workers.
2. According to SBP, Global investors have piled $642.5 million into local-currency bonds this month alone, more than what they invested in the debt in the past four years
3. One million applications have been received in just 15 days under the Kamyab Jawan Programme. The number of female applicants is 190,000.
4. According to performance report Jan-Jun 2019, the Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) revenues have risen by 44% to Rs. 94.7 Billion compared to Rs.65.7 Billion in 2018.
5. Young Pakistani girl, Mallak Faisal Zafar, wins International Figure Skating Tournament in Austria
6. Self check-in kiosks introduced at Faisalabad airport to facilitate passengers
7. PCB decides that Pakistan will not play its home series abroad
NBC (Narrative Building Centre) - 26 Nov Daily Report
1. Prime Minister Imran Khan launched "Pakistan Clean Green Index". In the first phase, 19 cities of Punjab and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa will be ranked in their facilities to make the cities clean and green.
2. Pakistan set to boost Biotech Exports to $20 billion in next 10 Years. These efforts are in line to attain 4% of GDP through Biotechnology Exports.
3. Pakistan schedules Super Mushaak Aircraft Delivery to Turkey by June 2020.
4. After Islamabad Airport, Self Check-In Kiosks are to be operational soon at Faisalabad International Airport. This will further reduce the long waiting queues of passengers.
5. In order to help reduce Import Bills of the Telecom Industry, Ministry of Science & Technology will commence in-country manufacturing of SIM & Smart Cards.
6. Pakistan all set to roll out first fleet of Electric Busess in Lahore & Karachi as a policy of Green Revolution.
7. In addition to the existing Terminals, two more LNG Terminals shall be built in next 2 Years at Port Qasim. This will cater to the present and future energy needs of the Country.
8. Government of Pakistan announces incentives for Private Shipping Lines & Operations in the Country, with No Federal Duties & Taxes for the next 5 Years. These lucrative steps will help revive the dormant Shipping industry.
NBC (Narrative Building Centre) - 25 Nov Daily Report
1. Government's Expenditure reduced by Rs. 9 billion in the First Quarter of the Current Fiscal Year (2019-20) compared to the same period of the last Fiscal year (2018-19) envisioned by Prime Minister's Austerity Drive.
2. The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) approves a $112 million Investment to improve water and transport services in the country’s industrial hub, Karachi with total investment in the Country reaching $512 Million approving four projects in key Economic Sectors in Pakistan.
3. Qatar to Open Visa Centers in Lahore and Peshawar on top of Two Operational Visa Centres in Karachi & Islamabad, to help Business Community travel Between both countries hassle Free.
4. Employees Old-Age Benefits Institution (EOBI) all set to launch an online Employee Registration System in January next Year that will increase transparency in the department
As well As transform it into a service-oriented organization.
5. Pakistan’s Energy & Petroleum Sector shows Investment Potential of $130 Billion with the investments started to roll in with countries like China, Japan, and Denmark relocating their manufacturing capabilities in Pakistan.
6. Government of Pakistan confident in making policies to increase the volume of Export and decrease the Inflow of Imports in order to ensure Economic Stability.
7. FBR to launch an automated ‘Point of Sale’ (POS) system for all mega-retailer outlets and shopping malls in order to bring them into registration.
8. The Oil and Gas Development Company Limited (OGDC) discovers huge new Oil & Gas Reserves enough to fulfil the country's needs for 90 years.
9. Jazeera Airways, Kuwait’s leading low-cost airline launches its direct flights to Karachi, First in Two Decades between Kuwait & Karachi.
Building Centre) - Monetary Report.
State Bank of Pakistan keeps Monetary Policy unchanged
1- SBP outlook for inflation remains unchanged.
2- Governor SBP believes Foreigners Confident investing in T-bills due to market based exchange rate policy.
3. Governor believes with foreigner into T-bills it will create healthy competition and create space for banks to lend private sector.
NBC (Narrative Building Centre) - 24 Nov Daily Report
1. Prime Minister Imran Khan announces Social Uplifting Program for Mianwali including Modern Hospital & Upgration of Schools.
2. Prime Minister Imran Khan directs authorities-concerned to craft policy to make release of those 65-year-old prisoners,not involved in serious crimes.
3. NITB to transform all Federal Government Offices into e-offices before June next year as a Central Communication Platform for all Government offices.
4. Government of Punjab to Set Up more E-Rozgaar Centers Across Punjab with the collaboration of PITB and Punjab Youth Ministry on top of 30 E-Rozgaar Centres across Province.
5. Government of Punjab to Launch Rs 6.3 Billion Soft Loans for Skilled Students to get funds for starting businesses on soft conditions.
6. The World Bank restores Budgetary Support to Pakistan on account of economic stability which was suspended during 2017 due to rising macroeconomic imbalances.
7. In a move to expand flight operation, PIA inducts an Airbus-320 in its fleet, bringing number of airbuses to 12 with Number of fleet jumped to 34, while planning to induct three more planes to its fleet in 2020.
8. Pakistan Stock Exchange maintains Bullish Trend as KSE-100 gains 824 points.
9. Net Foreign Investment in T.Bills (Treasury Bills) crosses $ 1billion with Net foreign investment in T.Bills reaching USD 1,072mn since Jul'19 to date.
10. Government of Punjab approves Industrial Workers' Bill enabling entitlement to Residence,Funds for Free Education of Their Children along with Funds for marrying their Daughters off.
NBC (Narrative Building Centre) - 22 Nov Daily Report
1. Government of Pakistan all set to launch electric buses in the Country to combat air pollution.
2.Committee of the UN General Assembly unanimously passes a Pakistan-initiated resolution reaffirming the right to self-determination for people who are subjected to colonial, foreign or alien occupation
3. Pakistan Stocks Exchange outperforms the world’s leading stock markets during the last three months due to the government’s steps to stabilise economy.
4. Government raises Rs240 Billion through T-bill (Treasury Bills) auction as Foreign Portfolio Investment showing a positive sign in Economy.
5. Government of Pakistan to invite bids for setting up Renewable Energy Projects in the country in a bid to tap the investment potential of $40 billion,eyeing 30% Renewable Energy in the system by 2030 and together with Hydroelectric Power to be 60-65% of the energy mix.
6. Exports to Afghanistan rise by 64% with volume of $95 Million in October from $57 Million in August after the decision of keeping Torkham Border operational 24 Hours.
7. Government of Punjab to construct Two Small Dams in Southern Punjab as a part of Long Term Planning enhancing water storage capacity.
NBC (Narrative Building Centre) - 20 Nov Daily
1. Pak-China FTA (Free Trade Agreement) to increase exports by $500mn in first year after being Implemented December 1,2019.
2. Government of Pakistan & Airlift, a ride-hailing app service for mass transport, to sign a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to become pioneers of ‘battery buses’ in Pakistan’s public transport system.
3. The federal cabinet approves the first-ever National Tariff Policy (NTP) with an aim to institutionalise the entire tariff structure of the country.
4. Danish Government to support Pakistan for the successful execution of renewable energy projects, with a focus on hybrid solar and wind power plants.
5. The All Pakistan Anjuman-e-Tajran (APA)
to help Government reduce prices of edible items to curb Artificial Inflation.
6. For the First time in Pakistan’s history, Credit to Agriculture sector by Banks surpasses Rs.1 Trillion by the end of FY.
7. Income Tax Return Filing reaches another record level of 2.68 million for the tax year 2018.
8. Government of Pakistan to launch FM radios in tribal districts to counter "negative" propaganda .
9. Cultural Fairs to be organized in all Tribal Districts to highlight the culture of the districts for promotion of Cultural Tourism in the region.
NBC (Narrative Building Centre) - 19 Nov Daily Report
1. Pakistan has tested SHAHEEN ONE missile successfully which is able to carry warheads upto 650km
2. Pakistan has prepared first ever anti smuggling policy
3. Compare to last year, FBR gained 16% more growth this year
4. Chinese Tyre company investing $100 million in Pakistan, it will reach upto $250 million
5. 99 Million $ Current Account surplus in October after a gap of more than 4 years is indicative of recovery from long prevailing deficit economy.
6. Foreign Direct Investment in first 4 months of current fiscal year jumps by 238% to 650 million dollar.
7. Stock exchange rise with massive gain of 828 points, reaching 38,411, highest since April.
NBC (Narrative Building Centre) - 18 Nov 2019.
1. The total impact of the 11 wind energy projects, recently signed, will be 500 MW with the advantage of cheap & clean Energy with an investment of $700 Million. Energy cost per unit will Rs. 6.5 per unit as compared to the Rs. 17 per unit from the RLNG plants the PML-N govt launched. PMLN promoted expensive imported energy by blocking cheap renewable energy. The PTI Govt has reversed the PML-N Govts flawed policy and has revived the blocked Renewable Energy Projects. Renewable Energy projects (approximately 3000 MW) were blocked to enable the PML-N to bring in the expensive RLNG projects.
2. Railways inaugurated steam Safari special train in Rawalpindi to promote tourism
3. PM Youth Affairs Programme to launch National Internship Program for youth
4. PIA will start direct flights to United States (US) from April 2020
5. ITALY to help PAKISTAN’s tourism sector with technical support
6. Govt of Pakistan & Baluchistan Govt reached an accord to build Gwadar Ship Yard as a component of CPEC.
NBC (Narrative Building Centre) - 17 Nov 2019 Daily Report
1. Rs 22 billion being spent on education in KP’s tribal districts
2. Gold falls Rs 100 per tola.
3. Dutch Queen Maxima to arrive in Pakistan for three-day visit on Nov 25 to promote access to financial services.
4. Cement Exports surge 16.48% in four months Fiscal Year (FY-20).
5. World Bank’s International Finance Corporation Finances Pakistan’s Super Six Wind Power Project worth $450 Million.
6. Dysin Automobiles to Assemble Commercial Vehicles in Pakistan under Automotive Development Policy.
7. Asian Bank evaluates hydropower dam proposal of 300 MW on River Kunhar River.
8. Stock market remains bullish
9. ADB approved 71 Million $ for Karachi mass transport to be launched next year.
10. EU offers technical assistance on FATF action plan.
NBC (Narrative Building Centre) - 15 Nov Daily Report
1. Pakistan elected as head of UN convention on conventional weapons
2. Anti Narcotics Force apprehends 19 suspects, recovers 765kg drugs
3. Indian network of over 265 ‘fake media outlets’ peddling propaganda against Pakistan exposed
4. NAB says Rs 500 million recovered from Ishaq Dar's bank accounts.
5. PCB says that SriLanka agree to play Test matches in Rawalpindi & Karachi.
6. Pakistan becomes the First Country to introduce Typhoid Conjugate Vaccine.
7. Foreign Investment in Government securities surpasses $711 million.
8. To facilitate taxpayers, FBR releases tutorial videos on income tax filing
9. ‘Beti’ app launched to let women know their rights, scholarships, jobs & opportunities
10. 144 international players signed in preliminary Gold Category for #PSL 2020
11. Professional act of air traffic controller of Pakistan saves Indian airlines flight to Oman flight from major disaster.
NBC (Narrative Building Centre) - 14 Nov Daily Report
1. Government has decided to audit 140 non profit organisations, more than 50 organisations will have forensic audit
2. According to business plan PIA getting new planes to add new routes.
3. Govt decides to revive Hindu temples across Pakistan.
4. Free home delivery of Fruits and Vegetables in 5 major cites of Punjab via QEEMAT PUNJAB APP
5. Record recovery of Rs.8.725 billion by ANTI CORRUPTION PUNJAB in October 2019, 1829 complaints has been resolved and 522 inquiries has been completed.
6. Foreign investors ended up as net buyers for the fifth consecutive session with a net inflow of $1.22 million, Pakistan Stock Exchange surpasses 37000 mark with a rise of 422 points reaching 7 Months High.
7. Pakistani & Chinese companies sign agreement aiming at Local Production of Tires in Pakistan which will result in reduction of Import Bill & help improve Exports.
8. 170 projects under PSDP (Public Sector Development Program) to be completed during the ongoing Fiscal Year (FY20), with 38 mega Projects.
9. According to GitHub’s ( a worldwide community of developers) 2019 survey, Pakistan ranked as one of the top 10 countries to show the fastest growth in open-source Software Development.
10. Federal Government to Run Green Line Bus Service in Karachi for Three Years before handing it over to Sindh Government.
NBC ( Narrative Building Centre) - 13 Nov Daily Report.
1. Alternative Energy Development Board (AEDB) signs agreement for the construction of 11 wind power projects of 550 megawatts electricity.
2. Pakistan International Airlines' monthly operational losses reduced to Rs1.5 billion from Rs3 billion.
3. Government to create a special cell for integrated planning on demand and supply of essential commodities to control their prices in order to control Artificial Inflation.
4. Textile exports increased by 20%.
5. Chinese Firm to start construction of $100 Million state-of-the-art Hospital in Gwadar in 24 Months.
6. Remittances recorded $2 Billion for October, Up by 14.4% compared to September 19.
7. Punjab Government to launch Loan Scheme allocated to help grow Start-ups,Cottage Industry & SMEs.
8. Government Of Pakistan to reopen Hindu temples across the Country, fulfilling the longstanding demand of the Minority Hindus that their places of worship be restored to them.
9. Punjab Board of Investment to Establish International Standard, Potential Investment Attractive, Disease-Free Live Stock Zone in Kasur.
10. KP Government Installs Digital Telemetry System on 5 Rivers across the Province for Flood Monitoring & Forecasting.
NBC ( Narrative Building Centre) - 12 Nov Daily Report.
1. State bank foreign currency reserves up by $443 million
2. UAE organizes first accessibility expo for special persons where Pakistan's platform comes in top 10.
3. CM Punjab gives approval for establishment of Thal University in Bhakkar
4. Government to bring ride-hailing services under tax net
5. After 9 years, 33rd National Games kicks off in Peshawar.
6. Govt releases Rs257 Billion for development projects under PSDP.
7. First Self Check In Kiosk Introduced at New Islamabad International Airport.
8. Government announces Rs 200 billion package for exports’ promotion.
9. Government to allocate additional Rs 250 billion to resolve the problem of circular debts which will help bring down Inflation in coming weeks.
10. Govt allocates an amount of additional Rs 30 billion for ‘Naya Pakistan Housing Scheme'.
11. Pharmaceutical Exports rise by 12.3% first quarter FY 20 recorded at $54.4 Million during Jul-Sep FY 20 as compared to $49.3 Million during Jul-Sep last FY.
12. Hazara Motorway from Shah Maqsood Till Mansehra to be Inaugurated on 15 Nov.
13. First time in 15 Years, Bangladesh to Import Onions from Pakistan.
14. Foreign Portfolio Treasury Bill Inflow increases by $160 Million to reach U$689 Million from July-Nov 2019. First time any government managed to attract investments in local currency T-bills.
15. Pakistan Growth Rate Projected to cross target of 3.3 %.
16. For the First Time, Punjab Government to determine Ingredient Quality Based Ghee Prices.
17. Pakistan Equity Index becomes Global Best Performing Market since October 1st with return of 14.2% & 6th Best Performing Market since July with return of 8.25%.
18. Stock Market Index ( KSE-100 ) reaches it's 6 month high, crossing 36,500 mark.
NBC ( Narrative Building Centre) - 11 Nov Daily Report.
1. Dollar decreased by 04 paisa in inter bank rate.
2. While Pakistan is on the path of recovery, Ratings agency Moody's has downgraded India's outlook from 'stable' to 'negative'.
3. After first quarter review, IMF has reduced its inflation expectation to 11.8%.
4. China to establish 19 factories in Gwadar.
5. PM approves Rs 6 Billion relief package for consumers through 4000 Utility Stores offering 5 essential commodities at discounted rates.
6. Muhammad Asif wins The World Snooker Championship
7. Karachi gives overwhelming response to football greats Kaka, Figo, Puyol, and Anelka
8. Rs 2.8 Billion being spent on uplift projects in Attock.
NBC ( Narrative Building Centre) - 10 Nov Daily Report.
1. Dollar decreased by 04 paisa in inter bank rate.
2. While Pakistan is on the path of recovery, Ratings agency Moody's has
downgraded India's outlook from 'stable' to 'negative'.
3. After first quarter review, IMF has reduced its inflation expectation to 11.8%.
4. China to establish 19 factories in Gwadar.
5. PM approves Rs 6 Billion relief package for consumers through 4000 Utility Stores offering 5 essential commodities at discounted rates.
6. Muhammad Asif wins The World Snooker Championship
7. Karachi gives overwhelming response to football greats Kaka, Figo, Puyol, and Anelka
8. Rs 2.8 Billion being spent on uplift projects in Attock.
NBC ( Narrative Building Centre) - 8 Nov Daily Report.
1. 10,000 Sikhs from India and all over the world will attend the inauguration of Kartarpur Corridor.
2. 5.9 million children under the age of five years were administered anti-polio vaccine during the last three days.
3. Government has approved 13 bills during National Assembly session.
4. Pakistan to host Kabadi World Cup 2020.
5. Pakistani Messaging App TelloTalk raises $1.6 million in seed funding
6. Pakistan settles a 39-year-old trade case with Russia. The deal would allow Russia to invest 8 Billion $ investment in Pakistan.
7. FaceBook will launch digital literacy campaign in Pakistan next year.
8. Tezgam tragedy, 13 railway officials have been dismissed from service.
NBC ( Narrative Building Centre) - 7 Nov Daily Report.
1. KIA motors setup a plant in Pakistan with investment of Rs.20 Billion in a record time of one and half year
2. Highway project approved for D.G.Khan and Zhob
3. Swat Express project now also included in the CPEC
4. Kohat, D.I.Khan motorway, From Chitral to Gilgit Baltistan is also included in the CPEC project
5. Nukandi, Mashakeel Turbat highway, Mirpur Muzafarabad And Mansehra road approved
6. Asian Development Bank to Fund Water Sector Project in Balouchistan that would address the issues of water management and would enhance agricultural production through construction of Siri Toi Dam and rehabilitation/extension of 10 irrigation schemes in Zhob and Mula river basins.
7. The Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP) has launched an exclusive ‘Startup Portal’ to encourage technology innovation in Pakistan.
8. 10,800 schools in South Punjab to get solar energy, including Cholistan,Thal ,DG Khan & Rajanpur.
9. Three Pakistani writers Bapsi Sidhwa, Mohsin Hamid, & Kamila Shamsie appear on BBC list of 100 novels that shaped the world.
10. 11 Wind Energy projects of 550 MW got approved by AEDB.
NBC ( Narrative Building Centre) - 6 Nov Daily Report.
1. Tender announced for feasibility study for motorway construction of 115km KHARIYAN - RAWALPINDI
2. 91km SIALKOT - LAHORE motorway is about to completed which will be extended till Kharian cantt (Gujrat)
3. Disciplinary proceedings against AC Income Tax Regional Tax Office (RTO) Lahore on the complaint of Tax payer citizen for negligent behaviour.
4. Education Minster Punjab announces tough measures against private school not reducing their fee according to court order, private schools will get their registration suspended and next step, they will be sealed.
5. Federal cabinet approves electric motor vehicle policy aiming to replace 30% vehicles into electric & converting 3000 closed CNG stations into charging stations for electric cars. It will reduce oil import bill & will reduce considerably the existing ratio of 40% greenhouse emissions only from vehicles.
6. PIA introduces mobile application for booking flights & other information.
7. Billboards having image of Prime Minister IMRAN KHAN displayed in Amritsar as an expression of gratitude. Imran Khan winning hearts across the border.
8. CDA revamping plan to be completed in 3 months.
NBC - Ehsaas Scholarships Programme
• 50,000 students from low-income families will be awarded scholarships annually.
• Scholarships will cover 100% of the tuition fee and living stipend (PKR. 40,000 per year)
• Students with family income less than 45,000, studying in any year of an undergraduate programme in public sector universities are eligible to apply.
• At least, 50% scholarships have been reserved for female students.
• Selection will be purely merit-based i.e. on the student’s GPA and family income
• Students of all public sector universities will be eligible to apply if they fulfill the eligibility criteria
• If student’s academic performance is satisfactory, the scholarship will be continued throughout the programme
• The scholarship differs from other state-offered shcolarshpis because it is need-based and especially designed for students hailing from low income families
• HEC in 14 years has awarded a total of 30,000 scholarship while this scheme will give 50,000 scholarships every year.
• Rs. 5 billion will be allocated for the programme annually.
• The tuition will be paid directly to the University whereas the living stipend will be paid in the bank account of the student after necessary verifications
• Details of the scholarships will be available on the Ehsaas as well as HEC web-portals.
NBC ( Narrative Building Centre) - 5 Nov Daily Report.
1. Prime Minister Imran Khan launches the largest ever undergraduate scholarship programme in the history of Pakistan with 200,000 scholarships to be awarded over the next 4 years-50,000 every year.
2. Pakistan’s Stock Market improves by 23% in a few months, Index crosses 35,000-mark for the first time in four months.
3.PTI Govt with the help of President Erdogan, amicably resolves the Karkey dispute, saves Pakistan $1.2 billion penalty imposed by ICSID.”
4. Government to upgrade Pakistan Refinery Limited (PRL) at an estimated cost of $1 billion to achieve self-sufficiency in the refining sector and bringing down the oil import bill.
5. National Bank earns a profit of Rs. 16.33 billion in the first nine months of 2019.
6. Cutlery Export increases 19% during the first Quarter of the current Financial Year as compared to the corresponding period of last year.
7. The CPEC power project, to be completed by the end of 2022, will help ensure uninterrupted power supply to Gwadar Port.
NBC ( Narrative Building Centre) - 4 Nov Daily Report.
1. Lahore has been listed as one of the 66 cities designated as UNESCO Creative Cities for 2019
2. 1245 Pakistani prisoners has been released from Saudi Jails on request of Prime Minister Imran Khan.
3. Domestic worker’s registration app has been launched by Government of Punjab
4.First private LNG shipment likely to arrive by month’s end that will help meet the growing energy needs of the country.
5. Prime Minister Youth Affairs Program (PMYAP) in collaboration with National Vocational and Technical Training Center (NAVTTC) plans to launch the program “Skills for All” for socio-economic empowerment of youth across the country.
6. 35 Pakistani companies to attend China Import Expo in Shanghai to help enhance Country's Exports.
7. Fitch ratings-an international credit rating agency acknowledges Economic Policies of Government As according to fitch ratings 2019, Pakistan is on the way of sustainable development with improved current account deficit & less dependence on foreign debt.
8. Punjab Government replaces "Patwari Posts" with "Village Officers" for which qualified Youth would be employed after Latest Module Training.
9. Tevta Punjab signs MOU with Punjab Child Protection Bureau to provide support to them in curriculum development, training of trainers/trainees & job placements in two streams initially including beautician & tailoring for deprived students.
10. Planning Commission has authorised 257 Billion compared to 106 Billion for the same period last year for development projects.
Build Nation - Brick by Brick.
NBC ( Narrative Building Centre) - 3 Nov Daily Report.
1. Pakistan’s trade deficit decreases significantly by 33.5% during the first four months of the fiscal year 2019-20.
2. FBR to electronically monitor the production and supply of sugar, cement, fertiliser and beverages that'll add additional revenue of Rs20 billion to Rs30 billion through sales tax.
3. World Bank Group President David Malpass lauds Ehsaas Program's agenda to uplift the marginalised segments of society.
4.Germany Based developer to invest $57 million in 50 Megawatts Solar Power Plant in Balouchistan.
6. Gallup Survey shows 72% Pakistanis happy with their lives in Pakistan,vesting confidence in PTI leadership Government.
7. Kuwait Airways resumes flights to Karachi after 19 years to grab share of the market with positive indicators.
8. Balouchistan Government to turn Beaches into Tourist Spots to attract Tourism.
9. In a big move, Pakistan and China to finalise mega projects worth billions of dollars under China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC).
10. Punjab Govt initiates a 10year partnership for a "Train to Recruit Program" which will eventually employ 70,000 engineers in 5 years.
11. Cement exports jump 16.48% during the first four months of Fiscal Year (FY20).
NBC (Narrative Building Centre) - Kartarpur Corridor.
• The Gurdwara of Darbar Sahib Kartarpur will be formally launched on Nov 09,2019 on the 550th birth anniversary celebrations of Guru Nanak
• The landmark project is initiated on the directives of PM Imran Khan as a peace-building measure for the region
• The entire project is funded and executed by the Govt. of Pakistan as a gift to Sikh community
• According to MoU signed by Pakistan and Indian officials, the project will be executed in phases
• In Phase I, the building has been established along with the bridge, terminal etc
• In phase II, the building will be expanded; hotels and apartments will be built to accommodate more and more visitors; commercial areas will also be established to facilitate the yatris
• Under Kararpur corridor, 800 acre of land has been allocated for the project, of which 104 acre is currently used for the main building and its courtyard; 36 acre of land has been reserved for plantation i.e., orchids, vegetables, corps etc; and rest for the building of bridge, terminals, pavements etc
• Previously, the Gurdwara was stretched on merely 4 acre land.
• The visit will be visa-free; Indian Sikh pilgrims will no longer be required to bring their passport and only a valid ID will be needed for entering Pakistan.
• The Indian yatris will be received at Indian border from where they will be taken to terminal for biometric registration, then they will be taken to the Gurdwara on buses
• For those yatris, who wish to walk to the Gurwara on foot, walking tracks have been made purpose along with resting points
• At the entry points of Gurdwara, lockers are available if yatirs wish to keep their possessions
• An additional dewan has been built for those yatris who wish to offer their prayers in case if the main Gurdwara run out of space to accommodate the worshipers
• Moreover, for the learning purpose, a library and a museum have also been built which will possess the historical valuables
• Inside the Gurdawara, a large guest house has been built which has the capacity to accommodate yatris who wish to spend night or day
• A soup house (langer Khana) has also been established which has the capacity to feed 2-2.5 thousand visitors at a time
• The vegetables and fruits from the orchids and farms outside the Gurdwara will help in running the kitchen
• As a goodwill gesture, the langerkhana will provide free food for 10 initial days
• Toilets, filtration systems are also installed at the vicinity; separate toilets are built for female visitors
• As per the MoU, in initial phase, the Indian visitors are required to finish their visit in a day and return back to India in evening
• The Sikh community around the globe has responded positively to the opening of Kartarpur Corridor
• Initially, 500 yatris per day were expected from India however the number has risen to more than 5000 even before the launch of the corridor as more and more visitors have expressed their desire to visit their place of worship
• In order to facilitate the visiots, tourists guides have been appointed; maintenance staff will be available throughout the day; help desks are being established
• An additional tent village has also been established to accommodate the influx of yatirs
• The pilgrimage will be allowed all 365 days a year
NBC (Narrative Building Centre) - Good October for Stock Exchange.
• The Hundred Index rose 2124 points in October,
• The Hundred Index at the end of October 34203
• In October, the lowest index at 31995, the highest was at 34697.
• About 4 billion shares were traded in the market.
• Trading in the Stock market in October was worth Rs 132 billion.
• Market capitalization increased by 283 billion in October.
• Market capitalization at the end of October Rs 6690 billion.
Build Nation - Brick by Brick.
NBC ( Narrative Building Centre) - 2 Nov Daily Report.
1. Spanish Chain Supermarket "Condis" opened at MM Alam Road Lahore, plans to invest $1 Billion in pakistan.
2. Pakistan IT exports grow 14 percent in First Quarter of Fiscal Year (FY-20).
3. 650,000 Tonnes wheat released to KP, Baluchistan & Sindh to ease out demand & supply equilibrium in the market.
4. Ban on CNG connections to the industry has been lifted after 8 years. CNG sector will get a new life after this decision. One billion $ saving is expected on oil import bill besides restricting air pollution.
5. PM orders suspension of Islamabad airport officials for misbehaviour.
6. Pakistan whitewash Bangladesh in women T20.
7. Visa restriction & registration for visiting Sikhs to Kartarpur lifted.
8. According to IMF, Among the 20 countries that will drive global economy in next five years are Egypt, Mexico, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, the Philippines, France, Thailand, Malaysia, and Bangladesh.
NBC (Narrative Building Centre) - 1 Nov Daily Report
1. Pak-China Agriculture Exchange Centre foundation to adopt modern agricultural techniques with the support of China to improve the country's agricultural sector.
2. The Central Development Working Party (CDWP) on Wednesday approved seven projects worth Rs26.1 billion and recommended three projects worth Rs52.2 billion related to energy devolution & area development, transport & communication, physical planning & housing and water resources.
3. Pakistan Rice exports to be increased to $5 billion in five years.
4. Pakistan & Cuba ink an agreement to Partially waive off Visa Restrictions for Diplomatic & Official Passport Holders.
5. Lucky Cement posts Rs1.27bn net profit for First Quarter Fiscal Year (FY-20).
6. Federal Cabinet gives go-ahead for the construction of Rs. 510 billion Dasu Dam & the work on the dam to start next month.
7. CM Punjab to offer best available medical assistance to all sick Prisoners in Punjab Jails in accordance with Riyast -e-Medina concept of PM Imran Khan.
8. Punjab Government approves 7 billion for fund allocated to free treatment of cancer patients for the first time in province.
9. Religious Tourism on a rise with Buddhist Monk's arrival to visit Holy Places.
10. First time in history Rs. 50 (yadgari/Stamp )coin released by Govt of Pakistan in name of Baba Guru Nanak Dev ji on occasion of 550th birthday.
NBC (Narrative Building Centre) -31 Oct
1. On the dorectives of PM Imran Khan, master plan has been approved
to establish University at PM House in Islamabad
2. In this regard, 50 acre land has been allocated.
3. The state of the art post-graduate research university will primarily focus on the fields of engineering and emerging technologies such as AI, space science,
computer, minerals etc.
4. For the first time in the history of Pakistan, projects related to the promotion of science and technology have been given share in budget and Rs. 13.5 Billion has been allocated in current fiscal year for their completion.
5. Following the footsteps of successful economies such as Singapore, the PTI govt is focused to transform the conventional economy into knowledge based
economy where science and technology would play integral role.
6. The Project is expected to be completed within three to four years.
7. A Technology Park also to be set up at the Institute in the Future.
8. The total of Six Centres of excellence would be established in the University.
NBC (Narrative Building Centre) - University Plan at PM House.
1. On the dorectives of PM Imran Khan, master plan has been approved to establish University at PM House in Islamabad
2. In this regard, 50 acre land has been allocated.
2. The state of the art post-graduate research university will primarily focus on the fields of engineering and emerging technologies such as AI, space science, computer, minerals etc.
3. For the first time in the history of Pakistan, projects related to the promotion of science and technology have been given share in budget and Rs. 13.5 Billion has been allocated in current fiscal year for their completion.
4. Following the footsteps of successful economies such as Singapore, the PTI govt is focused to transform the conventional economy into knowledge based economy where science and technology would play integral role.
5. The Project is expected to be completed within three to four years.
6. A Technology Park also to be set up at the Institute in the Future.
7. The total of Six Centres of excellence would be established in the University.
NBC (Narrative Building Centre) -30 Oct
1. Government of Pakistan in talks for a new Reko Diq deal with a consortium of four business groups willing to invest about $1 billion of their own cash in the project.
2. IMF confident Pakistan can reduce the accumulation of public debt by 4% of gross domestic product (GDP).
3. State Bank of Pakistan to keep ‘industrial policy’ as priority to enhance real growth rate.
4.Ministry of Industry and Production to grant permission to Malaysian Car Company "Proton Cars" to produce cars under Automotive Development Policy in Pakistan.
5. Government authorises Metro Bus Islamabad Project to be finished by Feb 2020.
6. The Pakistani Rupee to gain more strength amid expectations of increase in Foreign Currency Inflows.
7. Pakistan registers $212.6 Million in Defence Exports till August 2019 Year on Year Basis.
8. China to help KP Government construct 58 schools in Newly Merged Tribal Area & 30 Hospitals along Silk Road Route to help uplift Socioeconomic Status.
9. Lahore to get modern day Tram Service based on British Era Tram Service.
10. Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to enhance the quota of Pakistani workforce in the multi-billion dollar ‘New Taif City’ project.
11. KP Government allocats Rs 22 billion for education in tribal districts of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
NBC (Narrative Building Centre) - 29 Oct
1. Pakistan’s rice exports increased by 51% First Quarter FY 20.
2. Pakistan Government to approve Electric Vehicle Policy
to encourage the production of battery-run environment-friendly and cost-effective automobiles.
3. Pakistan and Australia to enhance economic cooperation to provide ample opportunities for bilateral collaboration.
4.Stocks gain 204 points amid improved sentiments,net inflow of $2.78 million recorded.
5. Pakistan’s first private LNG cargo with probability of less line losses and better efficiency, to help keep gas prices lower,to arrive at GasPort terminal.
6. Govt to capture the markets of America, Africa and Central Asia so as to achieve the agenda of trade liberalisation and enhance the country’s exports.
7. Pakistan Government to waive income tax and duties for those investing in Eurobonds and Sukuk as per its medium-term note programme (MTN) to attract more Capital from International Financial Market.
8. ExxonMobil to help build LNG terminal in Pakistan.
9. Punjab Government to timely complete Development Projects with the help of Public Private Partnership.
10. KP Government to reformulate Urban Property Tax to Facilitate Business Community in order to enhance Economic Activities in the Province.
11. State Bank of Pakistan Projects Current Account & Fiscal Deficit to remain in bound of target.
12. PIA Earns Rs. 17 Million in less than 2 weeks with Paint Jobs for Foreign Customers.
NBC (Narrative Building Centre) - 28 Oct
1. Planning Ministry authorizes release of over Rs203 billion for ongoing and new social sector uplift projects.
2. Japanese investors to explore Pakistani market to take advantage of improved investment conditions and ease of doing business.
3. The tax returns per day unprecedentedly risen by 127 percent as compared to last year.
4.Gwadar to be linked with Central Asian states through Railways.
5. Pakistan to launch 'Science Diplomacy' Project across the World
6.For the First Time Pakistan launches Clean Green Index competition across major cities
7. Baba Guru Nanak University Nankana Sahib lauded by Sikh Community World- Wide.
NBC (Narrative Building Centre) - Special Bulletin Health. 27 Oct
1.Dissolving PMDC and re-establishing it as PMC is short-term pain for a long-term gain. It had become imperative to improve healthcare in the country and to restore the out-of-country prestige of Pak Doctors & Dentists, where our degrees were fast losing respect.
2.Officials of dissolved PMDC will receive 6-month salary and end of employment benefits and option to apply in soon-to-be announced jobs in PMC; employment of the grade 1-4 employees guaranteed in the new organization.
3.Why we brought PMC Ordinance and not a bill in the parliament? Simply to avoid glitches in the medical admissions for the new academic year. Soon the bill will also be tabled in both houses of the parliament.
4.Certain level of competence is crucial among the graduates of more than 168 Med colleges. For this PMC will introduce a National Licensing Examination, which is an established practice in many countries. All new med/dent grads will take this NLE to obtain practice license.
5.All private medical colleges will charge the same fee ceiling for the year 2019-20 as it exists now. Regulation of the fee will evolve in future in a consultative manner allowing the colleges to charge fee while aiming for achieving academic excellence.
NBC (Narrative Building Centre) - 27 Oct
1.DRAP in action, by visiting medical stores & penalising those with high prices. DRAP will also start action against sub standard medicines.
2. Mistuibishi unit, Energas to build LNG Terminal in Pakistan
3. FBR records Tax Filler returns increase of 44% Year on Year Basis & 57% increase Month on Month Basis.
4. SECP removes Regulatory Impediments for Futures Brokers to bring Business Efficiency in Capital Market.
5. Construction,Small Businesses to be facililated by Economic Team to help grow Economy.
6. The Technical and Vocational Training Authority (TEVTA) and the All Pakistan Textile Mills Association (APTMA) to form a ‘Textile Sector Council’ to ensure better coordination to uplift Textile Sector.
7. Pakistan to establish special commercial courts to timely resolve business disputes in order to further improve Ease of Doing Business Ranking.
8. KP Government’s flagship project of establishing International University at Haripur to award double degrees in collaboration with several Austrian Institutions.
9. Sehat Insaf Cards distributed in 30 Punjab Districts with 108 Public & Private Hospitals on Panel.
10. Ministry of Planning Commission to approve Main Line (ML-1) worth $9.23 Billion which is to create more Jobs & impact growth rate.
NBC (Narrative Building Centre) - 26 Oct
1.State Bank simplifies biometric verification for overseas Pakistanis to access their bank accounts.
2. Engro Profit jumps to 21.89 Billion, an increase by 22.6 %.
3. Pakistan’s foreign reserves increase to 15.187 billion $.
4. Stock exchange gains 323 points.
5. CM Discretionary Funds for KP MPAs withdrawn.
6. NAB claims recovery of 702 Billion through cancellation of lands in SINDH.
7. CDA cancels 59 plots due to violation of rules in award of plots. Responsible staff has been suspended.
8. Draft bill to resolve disputes between tenants & landlords approved by Parliamentary panel.
9. Wasim Akram made Polio Ambassador.
10. For the first time,Pakistan Bait-ul-Mal to establish an Old Age Home in Islamabad, community centre for the welfare of senior citizens to engage them in different healthy activities.
NBC (Narrative Building Centre) - 25 Oct
1. Pakistan jumps up 28 places in world ranking of “ Ease of doing Business” and clinches the 108th position, as compared to 136th spot last year.
2. American Business Community to invest $100m in Pakistan's tourism sector.
3. No Mandatory NoC for Foreigner Tourists visiting GB in wake of promoting Tourism.
4. NLE Test made Mandatory for doctors to improve Professional Capabilities & meet Modern Standards.
5. Kartarpur Corridor agreement signed today by Pakistan & India ahead of its inauguration in Nov.
6. New emergency departments to start in Federal & Provincial Hospitals to facilitate Patients.
7. Stock Market Up 8.1% with Net Increase of 4,090 Points,13% since September 2019.
8. EOBI Pensions to be raised to Rs 15,000.
9. With a Total Reduction of 68%, Government is set to eliminate the flow of Circular Debt by Next Year.
10. KP Government set to upgrade Public Schools of Newly Merged Tribal Districts with Grant of Rs 4 Billion Approved on Special Instructions of Prime Minister.
11. Bank Islami posts Rs973m profit for 9 months.
12. Government to reduce regulatory burden on businesses to help improve Industrial Sector.
NBC (Narrative Building Centre) - 24 Oct
1. Pakistan under PM Imran Khan takes leading role while participating in 4-party meeting on Afghan peace process in Moscow.
2. Mari Petroleum Posts a Massive 45.7% Increase in Profits for First Quarter Year 2019-20.
3. Govt & APTMA forming long-term textile policy to ensure growth of Textile Industry in Pakistan.
4. Pakistan & India to sign Kartarpur Corridor Opening Agreement for Corridor to be opened on 550th Birthday of Baba Guru Nanak.
World’s largest Gurdwara.
Total covered area,over One million square ft.
5. Stocks up for 241 points on political optimism.
6. Govt raises 532.5 Billion in T Bill auction.
7. Punjab Bank earned highest ever profit of 10.5 billion compared to 8.9 Billion last year.
8. Cotton reaches season’s highest peak of Rs 9500, thanks to steady flow of buying by textile & Ginning industry.
9. PTI bags another seat in KP Assembly.
10. CM KP inaugurated new jail building in Peshwar.
11. Ulema Counsil says no seminary will join JUI-F March.
12. First time, Private Educational Institutions regulatory Authority has got a chairperson following competitive process.
NBC (Narrative Building Centre) - 23 Oct
1. The European Union and Pakistan to launch joint ventures in various sectors including textile.
2. Egyptian companies to invest $1 billion in Pakistan.
3. American & British Sikh Tourists Laud Pakistan's Effort towards Kartarpur Corridor Project, The World's Largest Gurdawara.
4. Shell Pakistan posts a profit of Rs570 million for the quarter ending compared to the profit of Rs334 million made in the same period last year.
5. Groundbreaking of Rashakai Economic Zone is planned next month.
6. Pakistan & Turkey agree to enhance cooperation in energy sector.
7. Gwadar Development Authority to upgrade historical & tourist spots in Gwadar.
8. World Bank President to visit Pakistan as Country makes progress on EODB(Ease of Doing Business) reforms.
9. The Circular Debt in Power Sector reduced by 32% compared to last year and 68% since the PTI Government tookover.
10. CM Punjab gives go ahead for Rural Housing Project in 17 Model Villages in Punjab.
10. Korean company to begin work on 496MW hydel project soon: Korean Hydro & Nuclear Power, a public sector South Korean energy company will start work on 496MW Spot Gah Hydel Power Project under the Public Private Partnership (PPP) mode soon.
NBC (Narrative Building Centre) - 22 Oct
1. PM inaugurated 1320MW powerplant in HUB,a primary project of CPEC
2. KAMYAB JAWAN breaks all previous records, 190,000 applications and 1.8 million visitors on website within 72hours as compared to 90,000 applications in 5 years for PMLN Youth Loan Scheme.
3. Indian Government accepts the draft of Pakistan on KARTARPUR corridor,agrees to sign on 23rd October.
4. Orange Line Metro to be tested for three months before officially open for public in March 2020
5.Dutch companies keen to invest in Pakistan’s Maritime & Agriculture sectors.
6.Bank of Punjab's pre-tax profit surges 18% to Rs10.5bn.
6. Bond Market signals Economic Recovery.
7. KP Government goes to online ride-hailing company "Careem" to offer the services of Rescue 1122 on a trial basis in Peshawar.
8. DRAP starts action against overcharging medical stores.
NBC (Narrative Building Centre) - 21 Oct
1.Prime Minister Imran Khan to inaugurate 1320 MW Hub Coal Power Plant today.
2. Planning Commision approved 9 projects of Rs 40 billion.
3. Govt to allow complete ownership for foreign firms investing in Special Economic Zones under CPEC.
4.PMDC stands dissolved,new body to be formed under Pakistan Medical Commission for better regulation & reforms in health sector.
5. New Electric Transmission Line approved from Guddu to Muzzafargarh.
6. Bloomberg ranks in Pakistan Top 20 Countries to Dominate Global Growth in 2024.
7. IMF Director Middle East & Central Asia Jihad Azour lauds Pakistan's Reform Agenda for macroeconomic stability.
8. KP 1122 rescue Service will be more accessible with advance technology in partnership with Careem.
9. Cross border traveling activities between Iran & Pakistan resumed on Sunday.
NBC (Narrative Building Centre) - 20 Oct
1. Prime Minister Imran Khan lauds the finance team for “turning the national economy around within a year”.
2. PM Imran Khan to inaugurate Kartarpur Corridor in November.
3. Mufti Naeem, Custodian of Jama-e-Banoriya opposes JUI-F March against the Government.
4. Pakistan to initiate joint Research & Development Projects for Solar and Biotechnology with Chinese Companies.
5. Chinese Investors to invest $5 Billion in Special Economic Zones in next 5 Years.
6. KPK all set to host 33rd National Games in November to be held in Peshawar from 09 Nov to 15 Nov.
7. IMF has commended Pakistan for its progress towards achieving economic stability, alongside appreciating the commitment of Prime Minister.
8. Food group imports during the 1st quarter of Year Jul-Sep decrease by 24.7% whereas exports increase by 13.98% comparing to corresponding period of last year.
9.Punjab Government keen to address the grievances of the Healthcare Professionals,forms a Committee consisted of Senior Doctors.
10. Naya Pakistan Housing Scheme Ballotting Process completed in Okara after Lodhran
11. PM Imran Khan while taking strict notice of rising inflation has directed authorities to take steps to bring down the price of flour, cooking oil & sugar.
12. Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) has established Regional Sales Tax Monitoring Cell (RSTMC) to identify the cases of fake transactions & sales suppression.
NBC (Narrative Building Centre) - 19 Oct
1. Govt Drive against Benami property - Only in Multan,Rs 31 Billion
Benami property identified.
2. Pakistan has made enough progress on global laundering and counter-
terrorism financing standards to escape being placed on a blacklist by FATF.
3. Prime Minister's "Kamyab Jawan Programme" gets an overwhelming response by the youth as more than 50,000 applications have been recieved within 12 hours of it's launch.
4. Current Account Deficit shrinks 64% Quartly basis and 57.5% month-on-month compared to same period last year.
5. UAE offers Pakistan access to its labour market database to help boost exports.
6. Kuwait to sign MoU to import Pakistan’s manpower in fields including health,
education, agriculture and construction.
7. $1.2b penalty in Karkey case likely to be waived
8. Pakistan to engage backdoor diplomacy to avert paying $6.2 Billion fine in reko diq case.
NBC (Narrative Building Centre) - 18 Oct
1- PM launched First Phase of "Kamyab Jawan Program with Rs 100 Billion allocated out of which Rs 25 Billion allocated for Women"
2- FBR launches Urdu Version of its website for better understanding for public.
3.UBL profit increased 46% of Rs. 14.220 Billion period ended Sep 30,2019,MCB profits surge 14pc to Rs16.29bn.
4- Ministry of Planning, Development and Reform authorises release of more than Rs160.586 billion for various ongoing new social sector uplift projects under PSDP 2019/20 against Total allocation of Rs. 701 Billion
5- Foreign Direct Investment during Sep 19 at 26 months high at $385 Million.
6- SBP reserves increase $56m to reach total forex reserves of 15.142 Billion $.
7- PPP after losing its stronghold Lyari Karachi in 2018 elections, now lost its stronghold in Larkana. GDA's candidate wins with the support of PTI at Larkana.
8. IMF showed satisfaction over 35% decrease in trade deficit.
NBC (Narrative Building Centre) Daily Report - 17 Oct.
1. PM to launch Kamyab Jawan Program Today.
2. The Global Competitiveness Report 2019 of the World Economic Forum ranked
Pakistan as the 52 most dynamic economy in the world.
3. Investment in Government Securities sets a new record, crosses Rs10
4. Pakistan, Egypt form a joint working group on trade.
5. PTCL posts double-digit growth in net profit.
6. $14.5 billion worth Saudi projects underway in Pakistan.
7. KP Police deployed across the newly merged tribal districts while judges have also been posted in the tribal districts.
8. Pakistan Oilfields Limited (POL) posted a 9% higher profit at Rs3.88 billion for the quarter
September 30, 2019.
9. IMF predicts Economic Turn Around from Pakistan 2020.
10. Pak Rupee shows a steady Trend against US Dollar.
NBC (Narrative Building Centre) Daily Report - 16 Oct.
1. Hong Kong based port operator group Hutchison Port Holdings announced a an investment of $240 million in Pakistan.
2. State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) has prepared a legal framework to eliminate misusage of foreign exchange.
3. Climate Change Ministry has prepared Electric Vehicle Policy to reduce air pollution.
4. Green Vision for Islamabad Capital has been approved by the Federal Cabinet.
5. FBR has prepared ordinance against benami [undisclosed] properties.
6. Weekly inflation falls by 0.44 %.
7. China - Pakistan Free Trade Agreement –II (CPFTA-II) To be Operational From December 1, 2019.
8. State Bank Of Pakistan moves to curb trade related Money Laundering (ML)/ Terrorist Financing (TF), issues“Framework for Managing Risks of Trade Based Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing"
NBC - Punjab Education Teachers Reforms.
• Male teachers will only be transferred in boys school
• Female teachers will only be transferred in girls school
• Teachers will submit online objections within a week of receiving their orders
• Female teachers will be adjusted within 10 kilometers of residence.
• Male teachers will be adjusted within 15 kilometers of their residence .
• Minimum 3 teachers must be in a Primary School
• If student count will be 81 to 130, there must be 4 teachers in Primary School
• If student count will be 131 to 180, there must be 5 teachers in Primary School
• If student count will be 181 to 230, there must be 6 teachers in Primary School
• If student count will be 231 to 280, there must be 7 teachers in Primary School
• If student count will be 281 to 330, there must be 8 teachers in Primary School
NBC (Narrative Building Centre) Daily Report - 15 Oct.
1. 1262 Acres of land was recovered from illegal possession in the last one year. Evacuee Trust Report.
2. Life-saving drugs availability & reduction in its prices will be ensured according to the cabinet meeting decision.
3. Govt approved First Real Estate Regulatory Authority.
4.CDA restructuring plan & new master plan of Islamabad approved by Govt for a better,
cleaner & greener Islamabad.
5. Rescue 1122 employees' emergency allowance approved after its 50% reduction since 2017. Rescue Service will be extended to all Tehsils of Punjab.
6. PIA started its flights to Kualalumpur after 8 months of suspension.
7. A royal couple visiting Pakistan after 13 years. Such a visit conveys soft image of Pakistan.
8. The Council of Islamic ideology approves 100 Fatwa in support of Polio.
9. Baluchistan collects record 11 Billion Sales Tax with an increase of 22%.
10. PM Poultry Farming Initiative launched in KP to help 40,000 poor families every year with an opportunity to develop a backyard poultry units.
NBC (Narrative Building Centre) Daily Report - 14 Oct.
1. 7000 Children enrolled in Islamabad under a compaign led by Federal Education Ministry.
2. Government approves proposal for Civil Service Reforms
3. First Balloting of Naya Pakistan Housing Scheme In Lodhran, 700 people awarded and 100 kept in waiting list
4. Punjab Government aims to deal shortage of 90% schools in a months time as per Student Teacher Ratio.
5. UAE Officials to visit Pakistan next month to sign an agreement with FBR on sharing details of Pakistani Property Owners in UAE.
6. BISP to introduce new Biometric Payment Solution for Beneficiaries to ensure Transparency
7. Japan includes Pakistan in the list of top 10 friendly countries & looking to assisting Pakistan in development activities.
8. KP Government approves Rs6.72 billion for the construction and maintenance of highways.
9. International money transfer company MoneyGram has launches a new bank deposit service allowing customers to send money to any bank account in Pakistan
10. Punjab Government announces "Artist Support Fund" for senior Artists with negligible income.
11. Pakistan & Turkey to sign an agreement on medical care. 12. Discovery of 7th-century temple in Swat.
NBC Economy - 13 Oct (Narrative Building Centre)
1-First Quarter FY Non-Tax Revenue collected PKR 406 Billion which means likely increase by end of year will be PKR 400 Billion.
2- Telecom sector Revenue likely to fetch Rs 338 Billion
3- SBP Profit likely to be at Rs 200 Billion
4- Selling of LNG Plants to earn Rs 300 Billion
5. No borrowing from SBP to artificially keep Pak Rs stable, yet Rupee is stable from last 3 months
6. $340 Million record inflow from Mutual Fund.
7.Half a Million new tax payers join tax net.
8. Number of FATF conditions met 20 out of 27, in comparison with previous governments who were able to meet only 6 conditions out of 27.
9. Bullish trend in stock market has entered 8th week.
10. CDA approves start of new sector E12.
NBC (National Narrative Building Centre) 12th Oct-Last 24 hours.
1. Pakistan Stock Exchange crosses 34000 points, gains 5500 points in last two months.
2. Government awards license to foreign firms for renewable energy projects.
3. FBR first Quarter (FQ) of FY-20 tax collection PKR 304 Billion..
4. FBR asks large retailers to link invoicing system with FBR by Dec 1st.
5. FBR strikes a deal with UAE government with exchanging details of Pakistani asset owners. Aqama abuse also being handled.
6. Global investors piling into Pakistan's local currency bonds with 342 Million dollar of Portfolio Investment.
7. Total Export Quantity increased by 12%, in 2019 YoY basis, Textile exports cross 13 Billion Dollar due to 26% increase in quantity.
8. Trade deficit shrinks by 35% to $5.72 billion
9. Imports fall by 20.5% exports up by 2.7% FQ FY
NBC (National Narrative Building Centre) – 11th Oct.
1. Pakistan Post launches National Internship Program with 35000 vacancies.
2. Taxtile industry shows 26% growth in quantitive term according to APTMA.
3. A complaint cell to be operational at Prime Minister Office with MNAs & MPAs listening to complains directly.
4. New tourism zones being formed in KP. 20 new tourist spots identified in KP.
5. KP govt announce 50% rebate in electricity charges to Industry.
6. Iraqi government to issue visas to Pakistani citizens for Arbaeen.
7. Remittance in Sept 2019 increase by 17.5% compared to Sept 2018.
8. Industrial Sectors profit year ending 30 Jun 2019.
Banking: Rs 147 Billion.
Cement: Rs 31 Billion.
Auto: Rs 121 Billion.
Oil&Gas: Rs 221 Billion.
Fertiliser: Rs 68 Billion.
Power: Rs 27 Billion.
9. 579 Pakistanis freed in Saudi Arabia.
10. FBR launches Tax Asaan app for easy tax filing.
11. PIA completes overhauling of Boeing 777 indigenously.
12. CDA removes 579 illegal structures at Bari Imam Isbd.
13. Construction of underpass at PWD on Islamabad Expressway approved.
NBC (National Narrative Building Centre) – 10th Oct.
1. China has offered full support to Pakistan on Kashmir.
2. Economic Stabilisation efforts bearing fruits. Current Account deficit almost reduced by 50%. Exports increased. Non borrowed Foreign exchange begins to grow.
3.ADB lending for development projects in Pakistan has been doubled as a result of economic reforms in Pakistan.
4. Three new state of the art Container scanning terminals inaugurated to handle increasing volume of cargo at ports.
5. Pak-China ML-1 main line Railway track project finalised & will be completed in 4 years. Fast trains will start after completion of ML-1.
6. Three world bodies will monitor 10 Billion trees project of Pakistan on the initiative of Govt of Pakistan to ensure transparency.
7. Regulation on Housing Societies in Islamabad are being revised for ease of business.
8. Pakistan & Turkey have agreed to set up a centre of excellence in tourism & hospitality.
9. PM to embark on reconciliation visit to Iran & Saudi Arabia soon in efforts to bring Muslim Ummah close.
10. Govt of Punjab set to employee disabled persons for vacant 8,079 vacancies .
11. Azerbaijan will sign up long term LNG supply agreement with Pakistan.
12. Sehat Insaf Card Programme launched in Jehlum & Chakwal Districts.
13. Entertainment Park project inaugurated by the CM Punjab in Chakwal District.26 Billion development projects for Chakwal approved.
14. Pakistan Post announces Debit Card for Pensioners to help old citizens for easy access to cash without suffering in long queue & bureaucratic hurdles. This will also eliminate ghost pensioners.
NBC (National Narrative Building Centre) - 9 Oct.
1. NHA Accountability recovers 13.2 Million.
2. NHA recovers 200 million in Okara Bypass project.
3. NHA recovers 242 Million from Bisma/Punjgore project.
4. NHA recovers 69 million from DG Khan Indus Highway.
5. NHA recovers 122 million from Muzaffarabad Dual carriageway project.
6. Establishment of CPEC Authority Ordnance issued by President. Tax relief ordnance to Gwadar Port also issued.
7. Pak-China Friendship Hospital to be constructed at a cost of 100 million dollars
8. A 300 megawatt coal powered plant being set up in Gwadar.
9. A plant to treat hard water for human consumption being established.
10. Naya Pakistan housing scheme first balloting on 12th Oct.
11. Mobile diabetes clinics launched by KP government with free insulin.
- Ban lifted on the appointment of employees on vacant posts.
- Traffic Licensing fee decreased, fines increased
- Punjab Border Police & Bloch Levis Amendments approved
- Approval of Rawalpindi University of Technology Bill approved.
NBC (National Narrative Building Centre) - 8 Oct.
1. Karachi to Lahore ML1 Railway track talks will restart in China.
2. 7000 MW Bunji Hydropower project talks starts at China.
3. PM launches Langar Scheme for the poorest under Ehsas program.
4. Qasim Khan Suri returns to Parliament after getting justice from Supreme Court.
5. FBR issues 1,34000 tax notices to rich non filers.
6. 4.5 Million women new voters registered in country.
7. PM approves CDA restructuring plan. Development plan of new Blue area discussed.
8. Radio Frequency number plates according to International standards will be introduced in Islamabad.
9. Review petition against Reko Diq case being filed at ICSID.
10. WASA will be made an autonomous body in Punjab.