National Body Elections UK 2017
Dear Regional Elected Panels,
The following Notification gives the schedule, process and guidelines for ???UK National Body??? Elections.
Deadline for Nominations: Saturday 15 April 2017
Election Day: Saturday 22 April 2017
NOTE: Venue and time for election will be communicated after receiving nominations.
- There will be UK ???National Body??? Elections for Four Positions.
- Vice president
- General secretary
- Information secretary
- Voting will be through secret ballot on paper ballot which will be provided at the polling station.
- The tenure of the national body will be of 2 years as described in general guidelines for regional elections with similar terms and conditions.
- The elections will be on panel basis but a full regional panel cannot be nominated as a Panel for National Body Elections.
- Any regional panel can give maximum two nominations provided that the President and General Secretary are not from the same Regional Panel.
- Nominations can be submitted directly to UK election commission, on [email protected] along with a proof of photo I.D of member for each position.
- Accepted forms for Photo I.D are; UK driving license, UK/Pakistani Passport UK or Pakistan, CNIC/NICOP.
- On the polling day, a photo I.D. is must to cast vote. Only original Photo I.D will be accepted.
- There is no nomination fee.
- There are 11 regional panels and the ???Electoral College??? consists of 44 elected members from each of the 11 regional panels.
- Each regional panel is required to nominate one agent (poling agent) from their panel.
- Each vote shall be considered as one vote.
- In case of absence, the member???s vote shall be considered as absent.
- In case two panels get equal votes, each panel will govern for one year each. A toss through flip of a coin will decide which Panel will govern first.
Election Commission PTI UK