Office of International Chapters (OIC) is pleased to announce road map for Intra Party Elections in entire Europe except UK and Ireland with the following guidelines and announcements:
All elected bodies in Europe are dissolved week ending 02 November 2014.
France, Spain, Norway, Denmark, Finland and Sweden have been selected for the Phase 1 of elections.
- Membership Coordinators can continue to run campaign for paying membership but anybody in overseas countries is allowed to campaign for paying membership and can contest elections subject to eligibility criteria.
- No more Membership Coordinators will be appointed after 02 Nov 2014 except countries not included in the first phase of elections or countries without any MC.
- Paying membership will be 3 Euros per month/36 Euros per year.
- Paying membership to be paid for full one year.
- Students paying membership will be 1 Euro per month/12 Euros per year.
- Minimum qualifying paying membership for holding elections in a region or country has to be 100 paying members. Special cases like countries with very small Pakistani population like Finland can be considered for some variation.
- All MCs to contact Mr. Iqbal to activate and coordinate online paying membership forms for respective country. MCs are requested to ensure online forms working properly. In case of any problem being faced, please contact Mr Iqbal. 5 November 2014 is the last date to finalize, activate and launch online forms for each country holding elections in Europe. Email Mr Iqbal: [email protected]
- 5 December 2014 is the last date for paying membership.
- Election Commission and Conflict Resolution Committee will be announced by 10 November 2014.
- Voting will be done on SMS only by the registered mobile number available on online membership form at the time of registration of membership.
- OIC will announce schedule of elections by 7 December 2014. List of priority for election in a Country will be based on highest membership. Country with highest membership will have elections first followed by second highest membership and so on.
- Elections timeline for each country will comprise of 4 days which include announcement of elections, submission of candidates??? application, announcement of candidates and panels, One day polling on SMS on prescribed number, announcement of election results.
- Validity of paying membership will be 1 December 2014 to 1 December 2015.
- Candidates can contest elections individually or in panel.
- Registering Mobile number is mandatory for every paying member while applying membership as the same mobile number will be used for elections, no change will be possible later on.
- Three members Election Commission will be comprised of neutral people
- Number of regions in a country will be decided based on qualifying number of paying members in a region which is 100.
- In case of more than two regions, country President and Secy General can be elected by the elected bodies.
- Elected body tenure will remain one year and it will be calculated one month after the announcement of elections results and will continue till new elections are announced.
- MCs may invite PTI leadership in their regions for their events before the announcement of elections with the objective of fund raising for Azadi Dharna.
- Related details on conduct of election, election commission will be provided by 15 November 2014.
- Paying membership list will be displayed in a transparent manner by 5 December 2014.
- Inquiries can be sent to [email protected] or [email protected] to clarify any issue.
- Time to time instructions and guidelines will be posted on Insaf.pk to clarify inquiries or to remove any confusion.