25th September 2023 News Headlines
A summary of today's important and breaking news regarding PTI and the country that the mainstream media of Pakistan will never show you.
- Chairman Imran Khan has spent 51 days in illegal detention today. Imran Khan faced all sorts of harsh conditions during these 51 days - substandard food, cramped cell, leaking roof, a basic mattress, and a CCTV camera right in front of his washroom in the prison. But all these hardships could not break Imran Khan. He stands strong, fighting his cases in the court. Imran Khan has also approached the courts for bail in the Cypher case, but there is a continuous delay in proceedings from there. Even today, Islamabad High Court adjourned the hearing of the Cypher bail case simply because it couldn’t make a decision whether the proceedings should be open for hearing, or should be done in-camera. The new date for the hearing has also not been issued.
- Imran Khan's lawyers had filed a request almost a month and a half ago to transfer Imran Khan from Attock Jail to Adiala Jail and provide him with facilities as a former Prime Minister in accordance with the law. Today, Chief Justice of Islamabad High Court ordered that Imran Khan be transferred to Adiala Jail with all the facilities.
- Anchor Imran Riaz was arrested on May 11th and had not been presented in any court. Despite the continuous plea of Imran Riaz's elderly father, he was not released. However, on the last warning from Lahore High Court, one day before his hearing, Sialkot police produced him and dropped him home.
- Islamabad Sessions Court had directed the Superintendent Attock Jail to present Chairman Imran Khan before the Islamabad Magistrate. However, the jail authorities apologized, citing security as a reason, but the court has now issued another order, instructing to present Imran Khan on October 2nd.
- Speaking in the “The Daily Talk Show”, Chairman of Sunni Council, Sahibzada Hamid Raza, said, "A narrative is being constructed among journalists that Nawaz Sharif is standing firm, etc. All of this is a lie. Nawaz Sharif has not become revolutionary on his own will, rather it is due to the support of the current establishment. Mark my word: Nawaz Sharif will soon declare the current establishment as traitorous, and he will start a movement against them. Nawaz Sharif is a puppet of foreign powers. Elections will be held, and despite all the odds, Imran Khan will emerge as the winner. People say Imran Khan has 70% support; I can confidently say he has more than 80% support. It's impossible to make him lose the election. These people are far from reality."
- Journalist Muddasir Naro's son is also waiting for his missing father. While his mother passed away waiting for her husband’s release, innocent Sachal now lives with his grandmother. This fascist regime is not even sparing innocent children.
- Shehryar Afridi's elder brother and senior officer of SNGPL, Farrukh Jamal Afridi, who had gone missing nearly forty days ago, has returned home. Farrukh Jamal Afridi was abducted for being Shehryar Afridi's brother.
- The fascist period, which started after May 9th, is still ongoing. Thousands of workers supporting Imran Khan have been arrested so far. Shah Mahmood Qureshi, Dr. Yasmin Rashid, Khadija Shah, Aliya Hamza, Tayyaba Raja, Ejaz Chaudhry, Mian Mahmood-ul-Rashid, Umar Sarfraz Cheema, Haleem Adil Sheikh, along with Barrister Hassan Niazi, Sheikh Rashid, Zahoor Mashwani, Usman Dar, Awais Younus, Abdul Kareem Khan, Sadaqat Ali Abbasi, and others are still missing.
- After the decision of the Lahore Anti-Terrorism Court, all detained workers' applications for bail have been accepted in Karachi regarding the events of May 9th. However, workers have yet not been released.
- Chairman Sunni Council Sahibzada Hamid Raza stated in his tweet, "I have just received information that my son's car has been followed by a black Vigo until he reached school. He is just a child; let him stay away from this matter. Will he be able to take his exam under such traumatic conditions? Let him just focus on his education. Besides, he is not involved in politics. I hope no adventure will happen.”
- Due to the lack of control over the prices of building materials, they have reached the highest level in history. According to details, after an increase in prices of cement, gravel, sand, bricks, the dream of an ordinary man to build a house remains incomplete. Due to a significant increase in prices, a bag of cement is now 1200 rupees, structural iron is 270 rupees per kilo, bricks are 15000 rupees per thousand-, and 125-feet gravel trailer costs 18000 rupees.
- From October 1st to October 6th, the price of a one-litre carton of milk from various companies will be increased by ten rupees. The new price is set at 280 rupees per litre.