23rd September 2023 News Headlines
A summary of today's important and breaking news regarding PTI and the country that the mainstream media of Pakistan will never show you.
- Former Prime Minister Imran Khan has been unlawfully detained for the past 49 days. Imran Khan is the only leader in the country against whom 200 fake cases have been fabricated, and now daily new tactics are being used to prolong his stay in jail. For the transfer from Attock to Adiala Jail, Imran Khan's lawyers had filed an application in the Islamabad High Court, which has been heard and a decision has been reserved for over two weeks. Instead of announcing the decision, Chief Justice Aamir Farooq has adjourned the case for hearing again on Monday. This is the worst kind of judicial injustice.
- In the Jinnah House fake arson case, the court has granted bail to nine accused, including Sanam Javed. The accused, including Ali Hassan, Hussain Qadri, Robina Jameel, and Syed Faisal, have also been granted bail. However, despite the court's order, they have not been released yet.
- Imran Khan's lawyer, Naeem Haider Panjutha, mentioned in his tweet, 'The Lahore High Court on charges of terrorism had revoked Imran Khan's seven bailable bonds for non-compliance due to non-attendance, which could have been complied by presenting him through video link or physical attendance. We had already approached the Lahore High Court for it. The applications have been scheduled for hearing on the 28th. We hope that justice will be served.
- Imran Khan, enduring the harshest imprisonment with unwavering courage, has shaken his ignoble enemies. Now, his sisters are being targeted. In the Layyah land case, the inspection team has unjustly declared Imran Khan's sister and brother-in-law both as offenders. This is the worst example of fascism.
- While speaking in, “The Daily Talk Show”, Mian Ibad's lawyer, Usman Malik, said, “Ammar's death occurred due to his father's separation. He was a perfectly healthy and active child since childhood. Ammar could not handle the pressure of being separated from his father for over 135 days and lost his mental balance, leading to his demise. During Ammar’s funeral, the area was under curfew, surrounded by hundreds of civil personnel. Two to three hundred were present with Ibad, two people had grabbed him from behind, eight to ten were on both sides. On May 9, 16 [PTI] workers were martyred; however, cases were flipped against PTI leaders instead. Pressure is being applied on the courts to lengthen the duration of the cases.”
- Today, a lawyers' convention was held in Lahore, which was attended by senior lawyers and analysts from across the country. While speaking at the convention, senior lawyer Hamid Khan remarked, 'Zia-ul-Haq had also stated that he would hold elections within 90 days. Those 90 days extended to 11 years. Once you step beyond the limits of the constitution, there is no guarantee that elections will be held in January. In my opinion, they may not even happen in March or April.'
- Senior analyst Ayaz Amir also stated, 'If Imran Khan allows the imprisoned women in his party to contest elections, no one in the PML-N will have the courage to face them in the elections.' The lawyers' convention emphasized the immediate release of political prisoners and urged for elections to be held within ninety days.
- The era of fascist rule, which began after May 9, is not showing any signs of ending. Thousands of workers and leaders affiliated with Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf, including Aliya Hamza, Dr. Yasmeen, Khadija Shah, Sanam Javed, Tayyaba Raja, Mian Mahmood-ur-Rashid, Ejaz Chaudhry, and Omar Sarfraz Cheema, are currently in custody. Meanwhile, Zahoor Mashwani, anchor Imran Riaz, Usman Dar, Hasaan Niazi, Sheikh Rashid, Sadaqat Abbasi, and many others are missing. Neither have they been presented in any court, nor has any court acted against this injustice.
- After the death of young Ammar, another 63 year old non-political woman, waiting for the release of her husband, Khalid Javed has passed away. Khalid Javed was arrested after May 9 and has not been released to date. Thousands of innocent political prisoners are loosing families, but there is not a drop of mercy in the hearts of the powerful. Instead, further fascism is on the rise.
- Ammar Ibad's school, LGS, Model Town Lahore, did not even mention Ammar's death in school. There was no prayer for him in his class nor assembly. When some mothers went to complain about it, the administration said that the school needs to remain 'non-political'. This is a glaring example of the insensitivity of the Pakistani elite, for whom their businesses are more important than human lives.
- Today, Imran Khan's sisters visited the residence of Mian Ibad Farooq. They expressed condolences to the family of martyr Ammar Ibad. Aleema Khan, while meeting Ammar's mother and grandmother, broke down in tears.
- Police once again attacked the residence of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf's Attock leader Major Tahir Sadiq. Tahir Sadiq's daughter Emaan Tahir shared in her tweet, 'Today, police and state institutions once again raided our homes. They harassed and intimidated the employees. For God’s sake, be afraid of God's grip. And His [God’s] grip will surely come, soon, God willing.'
- The United Nations General Assembly session is currently underway in the United States, in which the puppet caretaker Prime Minister of Pakistan, is also participating. The Pakistanis in the United States, taking advantage of this opportunity, recorded their protests against the tragic death of young Ammar and demanded the immediate release of Imran Khan. Pakistanis said that the worst state-sponsored fascism is currently prevailing in the country and needs to be stopped immediately.
- According to the World Bank's latest report, the poverty rate in Pakistan has increased from 34.2% to 39.4% in PDM’s 16 months era. In just one year, over one crore twenty-five lakh more Pakistanis have fallen below the poverty line. The PDM government had come into power with promises of addressing inflation and poverty, but it has only worsened the historical records of inflation and poverty before leaving.
- The current caretaker government is also an extension of the PDM era, which is adding to the suffering of the people every day. According to current information, in winters, gas will only be provided to the people when cooking. Additionally, the price of gas will double compared to before. The public will have to bear both the gas load shedding and expensive bills.
- Nobody cares about public protests and human lives. NEPRA has once again increased the price of electricity by Rs. 3.28. The effects of this new increase will start from October bills. This time the public will have to pay heavy bills even during winters.