22nd September 2023 News Headlines
A summary of today's important and breaking news regarding PTI and the country that the mainstream media of Pakistan will never show you.
- Former Prime Minister Imran Khan has been unlawfully detained for forty-eight days now. However, Imran Khan is still being deprived of his right to justice. On one hand, the courts have reserved judgements on his cases, while on the other hand, the authorities are unwilling to abide by the court orders. Yesterday, the special court granted permission for Imran Khan to meet his lawyers, but the jail authorities denied the meeting. The lawyers sent requests twice, both of which were rejected by the jail authorities. The lawyers said that the meeting was crucial for discussing significant legal matters. Despite this ongoing injustice and inhumane treatment, Imran Khan stands resilient, while in jail like an exemplary leader in history.
- Chairman Tehreek-e-Insaf, Imran Khan, has been unlawfully detained in the Cypher Case since August 15th. His lawyers initially applied for bail in a special court, which was rejected. They then filed a request in the Islamabad High Court, where Chief Justice Aamer Farooq continuously delayed the proceedings. However, a hearing has finally been scheduled for Monday. The lawyers are confident that if the case is heard on its merits, bail will be granted.
- Imran Khan's lawyer, Naeem Haider Panjutha, stated in his tweet, “Bushra Bibi has received a notice from the police instructing her to appear at the Islamabad SSP office on the 22nd, to record her voice for investigation. Despite the honorable court's clear prohibition of unlawful activities by the FIA, notices are still being sent. In response to the lawyers' request, the Islamabad High Court has suspended the notice intended for Bushra Bibi.
- While speaking in “The Daily Talk Show”, Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf leader Aliya Hamza's husband, Hamza Malik, said, "The police and people in plain clothes held my daughter at gunpoint and abducted Aliya from our house. My daughter is the age of Ammar Farooq. I am proud of Aliya Hamza. If it was me in her place, I would have done the same. It is because of brave women like Aliya that this world is still surviving. It has become difficult for us to explain to our children that this is our country, and we want to stay here. They do not want to live in a country where they witness all this, but we have to live and die in this country. I appeal to the Chief Justice of Pakistan to grant bail to all PTI imprisoned women and ensure a fair trial for their political cases.”
- Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf's central president, Chaudhry Parvez Elahi, is continuously targeted for supporting Imran Khan. He has been repeatedly arrested in one case after another. Parvez Elahi was presented in court again today, where an extension was granted in his remand. Parvez Elahi informed the court that he is not feeling well, and a wall has been erected in front of his jail cell to prevent fresh air from coming in. In response, Judge Zulqarnain Abul Hasanaat expressed no concern and did not give any consideration to it. Parvez Elahi reiterated his stance during an informal conversation, stating that he stands with Imran Khan no matter what.
- Permission was not granted to a father to even kiss his beloved son’s dead body. The person who was going through agony over his child's death was dragged away by the police, was held by his shalwar/pants and made to pray, and immediately taken back. Surely, Ammar must have opened the case against all these oppressors in front of Allah.
- For the past one and a half years, independent journalists have been continuously targeted. Arshad Sharif was martyred, Imran Riaz has been missing for five months, and most journalists have left the country. But those who are here are not free to speak. Recent actions against the freedom of the press include the arrest of ABN News Bureau Chief Khalid Jameel. He was taken into custody from his home for simply tweeting and was presented in court today where he was given a two-day physical remand for the offense of merely tweeting.
- In his statement, the IMF Managing Director stated that we repeatedly told the Pakistani authorities, both the previous PDM government and the current caretaker government, to provide relief to the poor, impose taxes on the rich. However, the PDM government provided relief to their elite class and burdened the poor class. We are not in favor of this.
- During Imran Khan's tenure, the construction of affordable houses/flats initiated for the poor in Islamabad was not only halted, but their allocation was also fraudulently transferred to their favourite journalists, representatives of the PPP, PMLN, and JUI under the PDM government.
- The inflation rate has increased by 0.93%, reaching an annual inflation rate of 38.67%. The Statistics Department has released a weekly report on inflation. Prices of 22 essential commodities increased during one week. Petrol prices increased by up to Rs. 26.2 per liter last week, and chicken prices increased by Rs. 31.26 per kilogram during the week. Garlic prices increased by Rs. 24.01 per kilogram, and the domestic LPG cylinder increased by Rs. 14.04 just in one week. Onion prices increased by Rs. 2.41 per kilogram during the week. Prices of lentils has also increased.