20th September 2023 News Headlines
A summary of today's important and breaking news regarding PTI and the country that the mainstream media of Pakistan will never show you.
- Former Prime Minister Imran Khan's illegal detention has now crossed forty-six days. Imran Khan has been enduring the toughest confinement for nation's true freedom for one and a half months, yet he is not willing to compromise on any terms. This is why he is being kept away from the public and not being presented in court. Chairman Imran Khan's lawyers filed a petition in the session court today, stating that according to the law, Imran Khan should be brought before the court. Imran Khan has committed no crime, and he has the right to defend himself in an open court. However, the courts are reluctant to dispense justice.
- In all the cases, including the central case of May 9, charges of sedition have been included in the cases against Imran Khan and other accused. The police claim that in response to the objections of the prosecution, "120-B” charges have been added to the cases. Imran Khan remains resolute even in the strictest of prisons, which is why new tactics are being used to put pressure on him.
- Chairman Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf, Imran Khan, is continuously receiving denials from the courts regarding the provision of justice. Imran Khan's lawyer, Naeem Haider Panjutha, stated in his tweet, "Imran Khan's applications in Islamabad High Court are being delayed and decisions should be made soon on all these applications:
- Toshakhana Reference Decision,
- Appeal against Toshakhana Sentencing
- Requests within the Toshakhana Case
- Request to transfer from Attock Jail to Adiala Jail
- Request for bail in the Cypher Case
- Request to set aside the Cypher Case
- Request for an open trial in the Cypher Case
- Request not to arrest in any further case
- Requests in accordance with Jail Rules - access to doctors, friends, facilities, and safe food
- Requests for all bails that have been granted from Islamabad
- Request to declare the notification of the shifting of the court's location to Attock jail as null and void.
All these requests are with Justice Aamir Farooq, who is causing delays in the proceedings.
- While narrating his interesting political story in “The Daily Talk Show”, guest Tayyaab Rashid stated, "Last year, Imran Khan said that we cannot give you a ticket for the interim elections, but if you support our candidate, we will give you a ticket in the general elections. I thought, who fulfills such promises? But Imran Khan kept his promise, even at a time when there was a long line of candidates. Ask a rickshaw driver, ask a cart puller, Imran Khan is popular and well-known in every class. Imran Khan is the only person who never thinks about his personal gain or loss, he always thinks about the nation's benefit. He has kept his promise, and we want trust between the public and institutions to remain intact. But the imported government of the PDM is causing difficulties for the public, which is also affecting the reputation of the institutions."
- The propaganda of vultures exploiting the tragic death of the innocent son of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf ticket holder Abad Farooq, Ammar, has been exposed. According to the certificate issued by the doctor, after May 9, the father's arrest, continuous raids at home, mental trauma due to fear took the life of this innocent child.
- PTI leader Farrukh Habib stated in his tweet, "These 21 women have been in jail for 4 months, among them, Dr. Yasmin Rashid is 70 years old and is a cancer survivor, and Rubina Jameel is 74 years old despite the courts granting them bail. Hasn't the death of Ammar taught us anything? All the children and family members of these women are extremely scared, under severe mental pressure, and traumatized."
- Individuals associated with Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf are being systematically abducted. Today in Lahore, the police blocked the entire road and abducted another PTI leader, Khalid Gujjar. Khalid Gujjar had been continuously subjected to raids since after May 9. The sanctity of his home was also violated. Khalid Gujjar's fault is that he didn't hold a press conference against Imran Khan
- The hearing of Imran Riaz abduction case took place in Lahore High Court. The court asked IG Punjab about Imran Riaz's whereabouts, to which IG Punjab requested more time. Chief Justice Lahore High Court remarked, "Our patience is running out. Imran Riaz has been abducted for five months. Should we lose hope now?" Imran Riaz's lawyer also stated that there is positive progress in the case. The court granted IG Punjab another week, and the hearing is now scheduled for September 26.
- A request to increase electricity rates by Rs. 1.83 per unit under the fuel adjustment has been submitted to the National Electric Power Regulatory Authority (NEPRA). NEPRA will consider the request on September 27 based on the Central Power Purchasing Agency's (CPPA) request.
- The continuous protests and suicides of the people have had no effect on the government. Instead of relief, the government is causing further distress to the people. In Lahore, the price of broiler chicken has increased by up to Rs. 45 in two days. On the open market, the price of broiler meat per kilogram has increased by an additional Rs. 18, making it Rs. 549. While the price of live broiler chicken remains at Rs. 366 per kilogram, an increase of Rs. 12.
- The price of sugar had previously exceeded 200 in the country, which was artificially brought down, but once again there is a fear of an increase in sugar prices. According to the Cane Commissioner, the crushing season starts in October, but the sugar mills have demanded time until November, which has raised concerns about the soaring sugar prices in the country once again.