19th September 2023 News Headlines
A summary of today's important and breaking news regarding PTI and the country that the mainstream media of Pakistan will never show you.
- Former Prime Minister Imran Khan has spent forty-five days in illegal detention. The courts continue to deny justice to Imran Khan. Today a hearing was scheduled to dismiss the Cypher case in the Islamabad High Court but Chief Justice Amir Farooq removed it from the cause list at the last moment and did not announce a new date. Imran Khan is not being provided with basic facilities, and his requests are not being heard. This is a glaring example of judicial injustice.
- PTI Chairman Imran Khan, met with his wife Bushra Bibi in Attock Jail. Imran Khan expressed deep sorrow over the tragic death of the innocent boy, Ammar Farooq. Bushra Bibi mentioned that despite inadequate facilities in jail, Imran Khan remains steadfast in his stance for his nation. He has rejected any kind of compromise through deals.
- State oppression has crossed all limits. After the extremely painful death of the innocent child Ammar Ibad, the entire area was sealed off by the police during the funeral prayers. Jammers where placed. Ammar's father was also not allowed to bury his son, and the police forcibly took him back to jail after the funeral prayers.
- While speaking in “The Daily Talk show”, guest Abdullah Kahloon said, “The price for standing with Imran Khan is being paid by destruction of ones businesses and violation of ones sanctity of privacy and personal space. On one hand, they talk about bringing investment from abroad, and on the other hand, they are harassing the business class. How long will this cycle of intimidation continue? By sealing my business, they are expecting that they can pressurize me to hold a press conference? Implementing decisions is also the responsibility of the judiciary. For God's sake, ensure transparent elections before things get worse."
- The central president of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf, Chaudhry Pervaiz Elahi, was brought by the police to the court in a prisoner van today. A new case has been registered against Pervaiz Elahi for appointing his secretary. The police have also requested an extension of Pervaiz Elahi's remand from the court. Pervaiz Elahi mentioned in an unofficial conversation that Nawaz Sharif and Shehbaz Sharif are responsible for today's inflation. The prices of petrol were not like this during Imran Khan's era, and he will not hold a press conference against Imran Khan.
- Women associated with Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf have been illegally detained for 130 days now. Despite no concrete evidence against them, they are not being released from the courts. Today, Aliya Hamza, Tayyaba Ambreen, Sanam Javed, and Khadija Shah, along with others, were presented in the Anti-Terrorism Court as their judicial remand expired. Judge Abhar Gul extended the judicial remand for another 14 days, to be presented again on October 3rd.
- In Sheikhupura, there was an attack by the police along with unidentified individuals at the residence of PTI leader Ali Asghar Manda. Severe damage was done, and Ali Asghar Manda's son Osama Manda, who is a 3rd Year MBBS student, was abducted. He has upcoming exams next week. Ali Asghar Manda’s "serious crime" is not holding a press conference and not disassociating from PTI and confronting aristocrats like the lapdog Rana Tanveer.
- After May 9th, the never-ending horrifying era of fascism has started across the country. Thousands of workers and leaders associated with Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf have been arrested and abducted nationwide, despite court orders. Taking notice of this oppression, Justice Athar Minallah of the Supreme Court issued the following order today: "Serious violations of human rights are occurring in jails across the country. Federal and provincial governments are ordered to ensure the release of all eligible individuals on probation."
- The process of abducting individuals associated with Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf continues. Sheikh Rashid has been in politics for 70 years, serving as a minister several times. Usman Dar was a federal minister for more than 3 years. Sadaqat Abbasi was an MNA. Imran Riaz, a prominent name in national journalism. Zahoor Mashwani, is the brother of Azhar Mashwani, a well-known member of PTI. They, along with many others, have been missing for several days. They have not been presented in any court, nor has any court been able to get them recovered.
- The Chief Court of Gilgit-Baltistan has suspended the notification to stop the results of the interim election. The Election Commission had halted the results of the interim election result for GB-13 Astore 1 on September 9th. Despite all kinds of rigging, PTI had emerged victorious in this election.
- A significant 1.09% decrease in production of major industries has been recorded in July 2023 compared to July 2022. The auto mobile sector saw a decrease of 66.11% in production in the last fiscal year. A 29.88% decrease in cotton yarn production, and a 17.52% decrease in cotton fabric production have been recorded.
- Petrol prices are high again, and train fares have been increased once more. Railway authorities have once again increased train fares by 5%. This is the third increase in two months. The railway administration has also raised the fares of parcel trains along with mail express trains.