3rd September 2023 News Headlines
A summary of today's important and breaking news regarding PTI and the country that the mainstream media of Pakistan will never show you.
- Chairman Tehreek-e-Insaf and former Prime Minister Imran Khan has been in illegal imprisonment for the past twenty-nine days. Imran Khan's only crime is striving for the true freedom of his nation. Apart from that, no crime has been proven in the courts. But the fearful regime, despite Imran Khan's popularity, imposed unconstitutional sentences day and night, and now it is dragging the bail hearing and other cases.However, despite this extreme injustice, Imran Khan's spirits remain high. Through his lawyers, he has also sent a message to the nation to stand firm.
- Chairman Tehreek-e-Insaf, Imran Khan, was illegally arrested in the Cypher case, 13 days before his release in the Toshakhana case. Neither Imran Khan nor his lawyers were aware of this case. Imran Khan's lawyers have filed a bail application in this case, but special court judges are continuously delaying the hearing. Apart from that the cases against the Cypher case open trial and cases under the Official Secrets Act are scheduled for hearing in the Islamabad High Court. Lawyers are hopeful that justice will be served soon.
- Since yesterday, the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz has been engaging in vile religious politics against Chairman Imran Khan. Those accusing Imran Khan have not only hired the same legal firm earlier but have also made serious statements within the same religious sphere. However, the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf and Imran Khan have never engaged in such hateful politics.
- Imran Khan's lawyer, Intizar Hussain Panjutha, tweeted, "Yesterday, when we reached Attock Jail as per the court's orders, discussions were ongoing regarding the resolution of prisoners' complaints with the jail administration. It was revealed that whatever the circumstances, Prisoner Number 804 has never complained, and we have never filed any complaints against him because he strictly adheres to the prison rules. Creating so many fabricated cases against a person who believes in and respects the law is a crime that history will not forgive."
- Another case has been filed against Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf leader Haleem Adil Sheikh in Memon Goth Police Station. Despite being released twice, Haleem Adil Sheikh has been arrested twice. Yesterday, he was remanded for three days, and a new case has been registered against him today. These concerns indicate that PTI is growing stronger in Sindh.
- Strikes against electricity price hikes continue in various cities across the country. In Attock, protesters blocked the GT Road near Haji Shah's residence against the overwhelming electricity prices. Demonstrators set electricity bills on fire. They have announced that the protest will escalate if their demands are not met.
- The disastrous results of the PDM's one-and-a-half-year-old government continue to affect the people. One after the other, the people are being subjected to exorbitant inflation. Sugar prices have reached double digits, with Baluchistan’s cities, including Hernai, Ziarat, Sherani, Kech, Kohlu, Khuzdar, and Kharran, among others, selling sugar for up to 200 rupees per kilogram. In Rawalpindi, it is being sold for 190 to 195 rupees per kilogram. There is a possibility of further price increases in sugar prices.
- After increasing electricity prices, the caretaker government had announced relief by reducing the installment payments for electricity bills from the IMF. However, the IMF has rejected the proposal. Like the PDM government, this government also lacks an economic plan, so new load shedding will begin at 8 pm.
- Stamp duty in Punjab has been increased by up to 10 percent, burdening the public with an annual additional tax of over 4 billion rupees, according to stamp sellers.
- The Peshawar Bar Association and the Peshawar High Court Bar Association's executive council have announced a protest against unjust taxes on electricity bills, rising inflation, and petroleum product prices. Lawyers of the PTI have initiated this protest. They have stated that they completely reject the daily price increases, and electricity prices should be reduced immediately.