2nd September 2023 News Headlines
A summary of today's important and breaking news regarding PTI and the country that the mainstream media of Pakistan will never show you.
- The illegal detention of Chairman Tehreek-e-Insaf and former Prime Minister Imran Khan has passed twenty-eight days today. Without prior notice to Imran Khan and his lawyers, illegal arrest was made in the Cypher case, and then an illegal remand was granted without presenting him in any court. Imran Khan's lawyers had filed a petition against this illegal detention, which was heard today. However, the judge who granted the illegal remand declined the bail hearing. The lawyers argued that the case could be heard, and the decision on the open trial request is in the High Court, which may take place later. Still, the judge postponed the hearing until Monday, rejecting their request.
- Imran Khan's lawyers met with him in Attock Jail today. Advocate Naeem Haider Panjutha confirmed that Khan is in good health and in high spirits. Khan has conveyed a clear message that until there is political stability within the country, economic stability cannot be achieved. He emphasized that the elections should be held within ninety days as per the constitution. Khan is reading the Holy Quran and other history books in jail, and he also mentioned that he has adjusted to the cell and is prepared for any trials that he needs to face to uplift Rule of Law and Real Freedom.
- After President of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf and former Chief Minister of Punjab, Pervez Elahi, was released yesterday and immediately re-arrested, he was illegally taken into custody again under MPO-3. Today, Pervez Elahi's lawyers have filed a petition in Lahore High Court against this illegal detention. The request seeks immediate release.
- Chairman of Pakistan's largest and most popular political party, Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf, Imran Khan, is currently facing history’s worst form of [political] revenge by being subjected to unlawful detention. Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf’s Vice Chairman Shah Mahmood Qureshi and Central President Pervaiz Ellahi are also being continuously inundated. Several PTI leaders were kidnapped, and after violence, they were forcibly separated from the party. Elderly and women have also been imprisoned.
- The innocent son of former MPA of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf, Ibad Farooq, is traumatized due to repeated police raids at their home and the arrest of his parents and has lost his mental balance. The innocent child is currently fighting for his life in the ICU. The mother’s only hope is to enable the child to get better by seeing his father, but the police are not allowing them to meet.
- Traders across the country staged protests by closing their businesses and blocking roads against the rising prices of electricity bills and increasing inflation. Traders are demanding a reduction in electricity rates to facilitate business. They have set electricity bills on fire on various roads and have announced non-payment.
- PTI leader Sadaqat Ali Abbasi has been abducted from Islamabad. Sadaqat Ali Abbasi is one of the ideological workers of Imran Khan who had defeated Shahid Khaqan Abbasi. Sadaqat Ali Abbasi has not been produced in any court, nor has any institution admitted to his arrest.
- A press conference was held by PMLN leader Atta Tarar in which he falsely accused Imran Khan of religious attacks and availing services from a law firm. In reality, PMLN themselves had hired the same law firm. Leaders like Nawaz Sharif, Ishaq Dar, and others did lobbying through this firm.
- PTI leader Haleem Adil Sheikh has been illegally arrested twice in two days. He was granted bail by the courts, but the police arrested him again in a new case. Haleem Adil Sheikh was presented in court again today, where the police obtained a three-day physical remand. His only crime is loyalty to Imran Khan.
- People staged a protest against electricity bills in front of the house of Former federal minister for water and electricity, Khurram Dastagir, in Gujranwala. The public vehemently protested against PMLN and burnt their electricity bills.
- In the past week, the inflation rate in the country has reached 24.39%, with a record increase in the prices of 20 essential items. The price of sugar has reached its highest level in history. The price of sugar has risen above 185 rupees per kilogram, while the price of oil has increased by 17 rupees per litre in just one week.
- The federal treasury department has expressed concerns about further inflation due to the rising prices of oil, gas, and electricity. A report issued by the treasury department regarding imminent financial risks to the national economy has stated that rupee devaluation and increases in the prices of essential commodities are major causes of inflation. A decrease in the inflation rate is conditional on stability in commodity prices and the strengthening of the rupee. The current year's inflation rate is expected to remain at 21%.