2nd August 2023 News Headlines
A summary of today's important and breaking news regarding PTI and the country that the mainstream media of Pakistan will never show you.
- Chairman Tehreek-e-Insaf, Imran Khan, had requested to bring his witnesses in the Tosha Khana case, which was rejected by Judge Humayun Dilawar, denying him the right to defend. During the hearing, Judge Humayun Dilawar repeatedly threatened the lawyers and tomorrow, for the last time, he has asked the lawyers to present the evidence. If the evidence is not presented, the judgment will be reserved, he warned.
- Supreme Court holds hearing on stopping the Tosha Khana Trial Case, Court rejected the request to halt the trial Immediately. "It is possible that the High Court may order to halt the trial in the Tosha Khana case tomorrow. If relief is not granted, the case is under hearing in the Supreme Court," said Justice Yahya Afridi's remarks. The Supreme Court has restrained Justice Humayun Dilawar from hearing the case until a decision is made on his conduct and the merits of the case.
- Under the leadership of Chief Justice Umar Atta Bandial, the Supreme Court rejects the government's request for a full court. Chief Justice remarked, "We will continue our work, whether anyone likes it or not. History is witnessing whatever is happening."
- Aitzaz Ahsan expresses astonishment at Justice Humayun Dilawar's conduct during a TV channel interview, says "Judge Humayoun Dilawar should read Section 193 of the Military Code, as he cannot hear the Toshakhana case until the magistrate does not refer to the Private Complaint Session Court and this plea was not referred by the magistrate but was directly submitted, making it dismissible, but Justice Humayun Dilawar remains adamant on hearing the case”.
- FIA Submits Report in Court on Judge Hameedullah Daulat's Facebook Posts. According to the FIA report, it has been confirmed that the Facebook account of Judge Humayun Dilawar is indeed genuine. However, posts from 2014 that were critical of Imran Khan have been deleted from the account. Due to this, the FIA cannot conduct further investigations.
- The incompetent government drops a petrol bomb on the people after raising the price of electricity, gas, flour and sugar. The grief and anger among the suffering public has increased.
- As the fascist government departs, it darkens the clouds of oppression over the people. Yesterday, the Official Secrets Act Amendment Bill 2023 was passed in the parliament, granting unlimited powers to secret agencies. Agencies can now conduct searches and arrests without warrants and use force if necessary. The bill was passed without a full quorum.
- The incompetent government has caused significant losses to the country's economy in the last one and a half years. Every relief given by Imran Khan to the people has been taken away, however, in order to highlight their false performances and to keep media owners silent they are funding them with money by publishing full-page newspaper advertisements.
- Non-Competent Government Burdens People with Soaring Prices. During the past one and a half years, the price of 10 kg flour reached 628 rupees, broken Basmati rice saw an increase of 78 rupees per kilo, sugar reached up to 160 rupees per kilo, large cuts of meat became 250 rupees per kilo, small cuts of meat reached 500 rupees per kilo, chicken became 260 rupees per kilo, milk became 80 rupees per litre, eggs became 110 rupees per dozen, cooking oil increased to 830 rupees for a 5-kilo pack, various pulses also became expensive by 100 to 200 rupees per kilo, and a 190-gram packet of tea reached 300 rupees.
- On the third consecutive day of the business week, the surge of the dollar did not stop, and with an increase in the dollar price, the Pakistani rupee depreciated further. In the open market, the dollar became costlier by 1.5 rupees, reaching 292.5 rupees. Meanwhile, in the interbank market, the dollar became expensive by 1 rupee and 16 paisas, reaching 288 rupees and 70 paisas. Yesterday, the dollar had closed at 287 rupees and 54 paisas in the interbank market.
- Bloomberg's Report: Inflation to Increase Further in Pakistan. Incompetent government's incompetence, wrong decisions, and lack of economic planning have inflicted immense damage to the national economy, but international institutions warn that the aftereffects of this disaster will continue to result in rising inflation for the Pakistani people even after the removal of the incompetent government.
- Election Commission has called for Imran Khan's response on the matter of intra-party elections on 4th August. In case of not holding intra-party elections, the Election Commission has the authority to disqualify the party from obtaining an electoral symbol - content of the notice.