20th August 2023 News Headlines
A summary of today's important and breaking news regarding PTI and the country that the mainstream media of Pakistan will never show you.
- President of Pakistan, Dr. Arif Alvi, while issuing his statement today, revealed that his order has been defied. The President tweeted, "I solemnly affirm before Allah that I did not sign the Official Secrets (Amendment) Bill 2023 and the Pakistan Army (Amendment) Bill 2023, as I did not agree with these laws. I instructed my staff to return the unsigned bills within the specified time frame so they could be rendered ineffective. I repeatedly confirmed with them if they had been returned within the timeframe and I was assured that they had been returned. However, I have now learned that my directive was disregarded and acted against my orders. Allah knows best, and He will surely forgive, God willing. But I seek forgiveness from those who may be affected by this.” According to constitutional experts, this is a case of constitutional breach and Article 6.
- Vice Chairman of Tehreek-e-Insaf, Shah Mahmood Qureshi, was arrested yesterday from his home in the cypher case and presented in court today. During the court proceedings, Duty Judge Ihtesham Alam declared the hearing to be in-camera. Subsequently, a decision on a one-day physical remand was announced. While appearing in court, Shah Mahmood Qureshi stated that he will not abandon Imran Khan. He asserted that they have never compromised nor conspired against Pakistan's integrity.
- Chairman Tehreek-e-Insaf and former Prime Minister, Imran Khan, has been unlawfully detained for sixteen days now. The hearing against the unjust verdict that deprived Imran Khan of his right to a fair trial is scheduled for August 22nd. Imran Khan's sole offense is refusing to compromise on the nation's true freedom. Hearings for various cases, including the provision of basic facilities and the transfer to Adiala Jail, are also set for the next week, the legal team is hopeful for his release.
- Deep concern expressed by Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf over President's tweet. The President's tweet is extraordinary, alarming, and unprecedented in every aspect. Following the President's tweet, a wave of restlessness and anxiety has swept across the entire nation. The President's tweet has exposed the most dangerous infection, spreading from top to bottom in the state's system. Every angle and aspect of the President's tweet is being thoroughly analyzed. After a detailed analysis of the President's tweet, we will present our reaction before the nation, PTI Spokesperson
- Former General Secretary of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf, Asad Umar, was arrested today from Islamabad. According to his lawyer, the arrest has been made in connection with the cypher case.
- The FIR filed against Chairman Imran Khan and Shah Mahmood Qureshi is based on the signatures of a retired officer who retired in March 2022. This officer, even after retirement, has now lodged the FIR as the federal home secretary. This proves that a premeditated plan was already in place to implicate Imran Khan and his associates in the cypher case.
- After breaking every record of inflation in Pakistan for a year and a half, Shehbaz Sharif, as soon as the power ended, returned to his homeland, Britain. Shehbaz Sharif remained a patient of back pain during Imran Khan's tenure, but he did not complain of back pain even once during his own term in government. Now, as his power ends, the ailment has returned.
- Leaders of the Muslim League-Nawaz had stirred speculation of Nawaz Sharif's return after the arrest of Imran Khan. However, due to the fear of Imran Khan’s popularity, Nawaz Sharif has delayed his return to Pakistan. The convicted criminal Nawaz Sharif had used the pretext of seeking medical treatment to leave Pakistan for London, and despite visiting other countries, he could not return to Pakistan due to the fear of Imran Khan.
- The Pakistan Bureau of Statistics (PBS) has stated in its report that there has been on a monthly basis record reduction of 11% in revenue for textile products. According to the report, during the first month of the current fiscal year, textile revenue stood at $1,311.659 million, whereas in the same month of the previous year (July 2022), it was $1,481.173 million, showing an 11.44% decrease. Under the guise of economic development and controlling inflation, PDM government has inflicted immense widespread losses on the economy in every sector.
- Chief Justice of Peshawar High Court has issued important directives to all districts: A person cannot be arrested in another case if they have been granted a transit bail.