1st September 2023 News Headlines
A summary of today's important and breaking news regarding PTI and the country that the mainstream media of Pakistan will never show you.
- Today, 27 days have passed since the illegal imprisonment of Chairman Tehreek-e-Insaf and former Prime Minister Imran Khan. Imran Khan got bail in the Toshakhana case and was illegally imprisoned in the Cipher case. The hearing was also conducted inside the jail. Lawyers of Imran Khan filed a petition in the Islamabad High Court against the hearing inside the jail and the illegal arrest, which will be heard tomorrow. The lawyers are hopeful for justice.
- Chairman Imran Khan’s lawyer, Ali Ijaz Buttar said in his tweet "On our request, Judge Abul Hasanat has allowed Imran Khan’s legal team which includes Shoaib Shaheen, Intazar Hussain Panjutha, Naeem Haider Panjutha, Sardar Sameer Khosa, Dr. Faisal and me to meet Imran Khan. Some will go to Attock Jail today and some tomorrow. “
- Lahore High Court today ordered the release of former Punjab Chief Minister and Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf President Chaudhry Pervez Elahi. The court ordered that Pervez Elahi should not be arrested in any case. The court also ordered that Chaudhary Parvez Ellahi be dropped safely at his home in high security. But as soon as Parvaiz Ellahi left to go home, Islamabad police re-arrested him, trampling the court orders.
- Law has been made a joke in the country. The judge who gave illegal physical remand to Tehreek-e-Insaf Shah Mehmood Qureshi, dismissed his interim bail in the name of non-compliance in the second case. They are flouting the constitution and law daily.
- The case against the NAB amendments was heard in the Supreme Court under the chairmanship of Chief Justice Umar Atta Bandial. The Chief Justice said that today is the last day of arguments. The decision will come next week.
- President Arif Alvi has completed consultation with the legal team on the date of the election. If the Election Commission does not take a decision today, the President is thinking of writing another letter to the Election Commission in which he suggested the date of November for the election. On the other hand, the Election Commission also changed the date of completion of new constituencies from December 14 to November 30.
- The caretaker government in Punjab earlier said that there would be operations on the health card on the basis of partnership, now secretly the contracts of all the private hospitals on the health card panel have been terminated. The caretaker government, which has broken the veil of fascism on the people, is taking away every plan given by Imran Khan.
- The PDM government claiming to bring petrol to 100 rupees per liter has caused such a disaster in the country's history that every record of inflation has been broken. For the first time in the country, the price of petrol reached 306 rupees per litre, after which one a new storm of inflation will come. People have rejected this ruthless increase in petroleum products.
- Apart from electricity, petrol, the cost of atleast 20 food items has increased, according to the Bureau of Statistics. Transporters hiked fares have also increased by 10 to 15 percent following the hike in petroleum product prices. Fares from Lahore to other cities have been increased by 200 to 300 rupees, now the fare from Lahore to Karachi has increased from 5800 to 6100 rupees. Lahore to Peshawar fare has been increased from Rs 2200 to Rs 2350, Quetta fare has been increased from Rs 4200 to Rs 4400.
- Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf strongly condemns the arrest of Chaudhry Pervaiz Ellahi. Requesting the Supreme Court to take immediate notice of the worst police brutality. The arrest of Tehreek-e-Insaf President Chaudhry Pervez Elahi while trampling on the clear orders of the Lahore High Court is a slap on the face of the constitution, law and justice. The spokesman further said that Chaudhry Pervez Elahi is being subjected to the worst state brutality. The sole purpose of imprisoning Chaudhry Pervaiz Elahi without any legal justification and depriving him of basic human and constitutional rights is to stop him from supporting Imran Khan.
- Spokesperson Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf Rauf Hassan said in his tweet "Even a cursory look at the current situation will tell you how disastrous the experience of regime change has been! This experience is a shame for the state and endless suffering for the weaker sections. The life span has been shortened. There is only one solution: elections!”