1st August 2023 News Headlines
A summary of today's important and breaking news regarding PTI and the country that the mainstream media of Pakistan will never show you.
- Chairman Tehreek-e-Insaf, Imran Khan, appeared in various courts for two consecutive days along with his wife. He recorded his statements, provided signatures on documents, and returned to Lahore today.
- Chairman Tehreek-e-Insaf, Imran Khan, appeared in court for the Tosha Khana case and recorded his statement. He provided legal responses to all 35 questions and requested his former military secretary to be summoned as a witness. The hearing was adjourned by Judge Humayun Dilawar until 9 AM tomorrow.
- In the Tosha Khana case, Imran Khan confidently and fearlessly answered all 35 questions posed by Judge Humayun Dilawar. Unlike Nawaz Sharif or Asif Zardari, who keep avoiding court appearances for their corruption cases and jump on the first opportunity to run away from Pakistan.
- Chairman Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI), Imran Khan, has filed a petition in the Supreme Court to halt the Tosha khana case trial. The request will be heard under Justice Yahya Afridi tomorrow. Imran Khan's legal team is hopeful that the court will accept their request.
- After appearing in courts for two consecutive days, Chairman Tehreek-e-Insaf, Imran Khan, held a media talk. He said that PTI has won 30 out of 37 contested seats in the recent by-elections, which has caused fear within the PDM government. Imran Khan stated that even if they send him to jail or disqualify him, whatever they do, nothing can stop Tehreek-e-Insaf.
- Supreme Court heard the case on trial of civilians in military courts. The Chief Justice inquired whether there were direct pieces of evidence against the 102 arrested individuals in connection with attacks on defence installations. The government requested to form a full-court bench again, on which the verdict has been reserved. The court will announce the final verdict on this matter tomorrow.
- During the presence of Chairman of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Imran Khan in the judicial complex in Islamabad, the Islamabad police went out of control. Two journalists, Razi Tahir and Tariq, were arrested outside the judicial complex. Both journalists were forcefully taken away, with their hair being grabbed, while they were present at the judicial complex. Both journalists were there to provide coverage of Imran Khan's court appearance.
- After increasing electricity rates by 40 to 50 rupees per unit and flour-sugar prices to 160 rupees per kilo, the incompetent government raises petrol prices by nearly 20 rupees per litre, triggering strong public backlash; cursing Ishaq Dar and Shehbaz Sharif.
- The preferential treatment of the Non-Democratic Caretaker governments present in Punjab and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa towards the PDM are being exposed on a daily basis. The caretaker government should immediately de-notify ministers, advisors, and consultants involved in such politics.
- The Election Commission has also sent a written letter to the Caretaker Chief Minister of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa."
- Main accused in domestic employee violence case granted interim bail until 7th August. The session judge has been continuously extending the accused's bail in the domestic employee violence case involving a session judge's wife and a child victim. On the other hand, the victimized child is fighting a battle between life and death.
- In the PDM government's one and a half year tenure, where petrol, diesel, electricity, flour, gas, and other essential items became expensive, the cost of stationary increased by 64% in just one year. The course books for the new year have become 100% more expensive, and the course for primary school students’ costs Rs 25,000, while for eighth-grade students, it costs Rs 40,000. Besides this, the cost of uniforms has also increased.