12th August 2023 News Headlines
A summary of today's important and breaking news regarding PTI and the country that the mainstream media of Pakistan will never show you.
- Chairman Tehreek-e-Insaf Imran Khan has been granted permission to meet with family and lawyers. The courts are moving at a snail’s pace to provide basic human facilities to the former Prime Minister, the country's top leader. The lawyers of the Tehreek-e-Insaf had submitted a request a week ago, and the decision, instead of being issued on time, was delayed until today. Imran Khan has been granted permission to meet with lawyers and family, and the decision on jail superintendent’s conditions, home-cooked meals, and Adiala Jail transfer has been postponed until next week.
- There is a serious threat to the life of the nation's leader in jail, but Chief Justice of Islamabad High Court continues to procrastinate. Tehreek-e-Insaf leader Farrukh Habib tweeted that there is a serious concern of slow poisoning in Imran Khan's food, and the jail manual better-class prisoners allows for home-cooked meals. The hearing for the request for home-cooked meals is deemed unnecessary to be delayed until next week. When Nawaz Sharif, a convicted prisoner on corruption charges, was in jail, the Islamabad High Court had asked, “Does the Federal government provide guarantee for Nawaz Sharif's life? If anything happens to him, the federal government will be responsible.”
- Tehreek-e-Insaf Chairman Imran Khan's lawyers had also requested permission for a prayer mat and the translation of the Holy Quran for Imran Khan in the Islamabad High Court. Today, the High Court granted permission for this. Imran Khan has also requested various books on Islam from Bani Gala for study.
- Why was Shahryar Afridi arrested under the MPO-3? DC Islamabad asked to respond by Tuesday. Islamabad High Court has issued a written order. Shahryar Afridi has been released earlier as well, but each time he has been re-arrested unlawfully.
- Even on the occasion of August 14, the fascist regime has not ceased its oppression; in fact, it has intensified. Ordinary Pakistanis purchasing the flags of Tehreek-e-Insaf, and them hoisting them in their homes are being targeted. The flags of Tehreek-e-Insaf are also being removed from stalls where they were sold. Despite this, the people of Pakistan are expressing their love through both the national flag and the flag of Tehreek-e-Insaf.
- Khadija Shah, Sanam Javed, Aaliya Hamza, Rohina Khan, Farzana Sarwar, Taiba Ambreen, Samia Asad, Afshan Tariq have been granted a further 14-day extension in their judicial remand. The police have not presented charges against them because there is no substantial evidence to support the charges. Despite the lack of evidence, these innocent women are being punished due to the police incompetence and dishonesty by the court.
- The Consequences of the Incompetent PTI Government's Two-Year Rule Will Be Felt for Many Years. While on one hand, record-breaking inflation occurred in the span of one and a half years, on the other hand, economic devastation has also been unleashed, which future generations will also suffer from. The Shehbaz Sharif government has presented a budget showing a staggering loss of 7.5 trillion rupees. This loss has the potential to reach up to 8 trillion. In addition, the country will require another $28 billion in external loans during this financial year. All of this burden will be placed on the shoulders of the people!
- Bail Hearing Granted for PTI Leader Dr. Yasmeen Rashid on August 17th. The Lahore High Court has scheduled a bail hearing for PTI leader Dr. Yasmeen Rashid on August 17th. The Registrar's Office of Lahore High Court has issued a cause list regarding the hearing of Dr. Yasmeen Rashid's bail request. The bench, comprising Justice Sultan Tanveer Ahmed and Justice Raheel Kamran, will conduct the hearing.
- Increase of Rs. 25 Per Kilogram in Ghee Prices at Utility Stores. Ghee prices have been raised for the general consumers at utility stores. According to a notification from the Utility Stores Corporation, the price of ghee per kilogram has been increased by Rs. 25. As a result of this increase, the price of ghee per kilogram has risen from Rs. 398 to Rs. 423.
- Sugar Prices Surge in Peshawar, Reaching Rs. 160 Per Kilogram. There has been a significant increase of Rs. 13 per kilogram in the price of sugar in the wholesale market. Following this increase, the price of sugar has reached Rs. 146 per kilogram in the wholesale market. Meanwhile, sugar is being sold at Rs. 160 per kilogram in retail shops. A 50-kilogram bag of sugar has seen an increase of Rs. 650 in its price over the course of four days.