Construction of Chasma lift Canal to be started in next financial year, CM

Friday, 29 April 2016 05:25 | READ 1919 TIMES Written by 
(0 votes)

With the compliment of Press Secretary to Chief Minister Khyber Pakhtunkhwa

Handout No.1 Peshawar 28th April 2016

Construction of Chasma lift Canal to be started in next financial year, CM

The Chief Minister Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Pervez Khattak has declared that construction work of Chasma lift Canal Project will be initiated in the next financial year at a cost of Rs.121 billion which will irrigate 246140 acre of land and benefit 0.25 million population of the area. This he said while talking to the elected representatives of the southern districts of the province at CM House today.
Senior Provincial Minister for Irrigation Sikandar Hayat Khan Sherpao, Provincial Minister for Revenue Ali Amin Gandapur, Special Assistant for Transport Malik Shah Muhammad Wazir, MPA Ihtesham, Secretary irrigation Akhter Rasheed and focal person chama lift canal Muhammad Iqbal Khalil present on the occasion.
While commenting on Chasma lift Canal Project the CM said that the much delayed project was made possible due to the unified struggle of the parliamentary leaders of various parties of the province. “It was the collective struggle of the provincial political leadership of the province which compelled the council of common interest to approve the 15 years long standing project”, he remarked. He went on to say after completion of the project the province will be in a position to utilize its due share of water. He further said that federal government had sponsored different projects in the rest of three provinces of the countries while Khyber Pakhtunkhwa was remained deprived of any such developmental projects funded by the federal government. He informed that two years long and consistent struggle of the provincial government had made approval of the project possible. The CM said that resources would be allocated for the project in the coming fiscal year to initiate work on it. He clarified that according to the agreement the provincial government would provide 35% resources for the project while the rest 65% will be funded by the federal government. Giving detail of the project, the CM said that provincial irrigation department would execute and monitor the project as well. The Chief Minister directed for speeding of preparatory arrangements for the project to ensure its execution next year. The Chief Minister said that the project would provide employment opportunities to the people of the area. The Provincial Secretary for Irrigation highlighting salient feature of the project said that the project would benefit 19 villages and 246140 acres of land while its total length would be 582 miles. He informed that Chama lift Canal would have a capacity of 2613 cusec water.

29-apr 28-4-2016 CM Photo and Handout MPAs of Southern district meets CM2

29-apr 28-4-2016 CM Photo and Handout MPAs of Southern district meets CM1