Office of International Chapters (OIC) is pleased to announce road map for Intra Party Elections in entire Europe except UK and Ireland with the following guidelines and announcements:
All elected bodies in Europe are dissolved week ending 02 November 2014.
France, Spain, Norway, Denmark, Finland and Sweden have been selected for the Phase 1 of elections.
- Membership Coordinators can continue to run campaign for paying membership but anybody in overseas countries is allowed to campaign for paying membership and can contest elections subject to eligibility criteria.
- No more Membership Coordinators will be appointed after 02 Nov 2014 except countries not included in the first phase of elections or countries without any MC.
- Paying membership will be 3 Euros per month/36 Euros per year.
- Paying membership to be paid for full one year.
- Students paying membership will be 1 Euro per month/12 Euros per year.
- Minimum qualifying paying membership for holding elections in a region or country has to be 100 paying members. Special cases like countries with very small Pakistani population like Finland can be considered for some variation.
- 5 December 2014 is the last date for paying membership.
- Election Commission and Conflict Resolution Committee will be announced by 10 November 2014.
- Voting will be done on SMS only by the registered mobile number available on online membership form at the time of registration of membership.
- OIC will announce schedule of elections by 7 December 2014. List of priority for election in a Country will be based on highest membership. Country with highest membership will have elections first followed by second highest membership and so on.
- Elections timeline for each country will comprise of 4 days which include announcement of elections, submission of candidates’ application, announcement of candidates and panels, One day polling on SMS on prescribed number, announcement of election results.
- Validity of paying membership will be 1 December 2014 to 1 December 2015.
- Candidates can contest elections individually or in panel.
- Registering Mobile number is mandatory for every paying member while applying membership as the same mobile number will be used for elections, no change will be possible later on.
- Three members Election Commission will be comprised of neutral people
- Number of regions in a country will be decided based on qualifying number of paying members in a region which is 100.
- In case of more than two regions, country President and Secy General can be elected by the elected bodies.
- Elected body tenure will remain one year and it will be calculated one month after the announcement of elections results and will continue till new elections are announced.
- MCs may invite PTI leadership in their regions for their events before the announcement of elections with the objective of fund raising for Azadi Dharna.
- Related details on conduct of election, election commission will be provided by 15 November 2014.
- Paying membership list will be displayed in a transparent manner by 5 December 2014.
- Time to time instructions and guidelines will be posted on Insaf.pk to clarify inquiries or to remove any confusion.